cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM Problem

April72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for a plan and went through all the steps.  It is paid for and the number was cancelled by my previous provider.  The eSIM did not activate.  The QR code did not work.  I cannot log in as the phone number is not active.  What are the next steps.

9 REPLIES 9

@April72 

You shouldn’t have cancelled your account with your previous carrier. Not you can port the number over to PM. Your number will be returned to the carrier you got the number from.

There is a slim chance you might get it back if your old carrier was Telus or Koodo.

If not, you will have to pick a new number once a CS_Agent gets back to you with a new QR code for the new number.

Mito

Just a note, for anyone keeping their numbers and porting to new carrier. Never request cancel from your previous provider. They do no need to know you're leaving.

The account automatically close once the number moved over to the new provider.

I don't know much what happened now, you may lose the old number. It would be lucky if you can get it back.

@April72  You can ask support to resend  you a new one . 

privrate message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

April72

Cannot contact support as the confirmation number goes to the phone number.  Because the e sim is not active the phone number is not either.

April72

I did this, and it did not work.  It is saying it is expired.

April72

Yes

Mito

So, your previous provider cancelled your phone number before the port happened?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@April72  Check your welcome email from PM the QR code should be there . Do it on computer so you can scan it with your phone and install it . If no luck please contact support 

privrate message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

April72

It is an iPhone 12 mini so is compatible with an eSIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.