cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM? Apple Watch?

mmbiker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess is unlikely, any chance PM support eSIM and/or Apple Watch Cellular?

12 REPLIES 12

mlerner

Perhaps but funny you say that since Freedom's pricing is even better than PM at the moment and they offer devices for sale as well as similar coverage in urban areas. Most customers would see them as competitors. This wasn't my only point. Freedom is the first outside of the major carriers to offer support for Apple Watch which means the rest of them are likely to follow.

@mlerner 

Public Mobile hasn't been directly competing with Freedom Mobile in terms of promotions or plans for years.  I don't see Freedom offering something resulting in a change at Public Mobile any time soon.

mlerner

Bumping this for relevance. Public Mobile's competitors are now launching Apple Watch data plans.

Freedom Mobile Launches Apple Watch Plan for $10/month

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/shaw/freedom-mobile-launches-apple-watch-plan/

@ShawnC13 yes I learned that from @mimmo in another post after I had already replied to this one. Though I should have thought about them since I came here from Vigin.

@srlawren , no I didn't think to google Koodo to check if they already had esims.  Will deign to do so in the future. Thanks for pointing that out.

@gblackma wrote:

Isn't Koodo, Lucky's and Fido's main competition?  So, so wouldn't they get the esims?

@gblackma , Lucky is the 3rd tier and is the competition to PM maybe you meant to say Virgin?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@boundless wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Isn't Koodo, Lucky's and Fido's main competition?  So, so wouldn't they get the esims?

Yes - it is likely for Koodo and even possible for PM to get eSIM. But both are unlikely to support Apple Watch.

@boundless @gblackma did either of you take 2 seconds to type "koodo esim" into Google to check?  They already support it.  https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/esim-and-esim-vouchers

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

boundless

@gblackma wrote:

Yes - it is likely for Koodo and even possible for PM to get eSIM. But both are unlikely to support Apple Watch.

mimmo

@gblackma wrote:

@gblackma 

tier 1)  telus- bell - rogers

tier 2)  koodo - virgin- fido

tier 3) Public - lucky - Chatr

tier 4??) zoomer-  7-11, petrocan rbc mobile etc...

edit: your list has lucky instead of virgin

boundless

They might support eSIM in the future to compete w/Lucky - but I think it is highly unlikely for them to support Apple Watch.

Support for Apple Watch is a premium feature for a luxury device on big ticket plans - even Koodo doesn't support it!

mimmo

@mmbiker I wouln't say never,  as i bleieve lucky does support esims.  this means it is possible.  if and when however are things no one knows. IIRC they were testing out a new activation portal (was in announcments last year).  so who knows what googies might be introduced...

Honestly I would rather the current system starts to work 100% before new features get introduced.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No, it will not @mmbiker . Here's another reply on the topic.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Apple-watch-series-4-cellular/m-p/281116/...

@mmbiker wrote:

I guess is unlikely, any chance PM support eSIM and/or Apple Watch Cellular?

Need Help? Let's chat.