cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM? Apple Watch?

mmbiker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess is unlikely, any chance PM support eSIM and/or Apple Watch Cellular?

12 REPLIES 12

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No, it will not @mmbiker . Here's another reply on the topic.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Apple-watch-series-4-cellular/m-p/281116/...

@mmbiker wrote:

I guess is unlikely, any chance PM support eSIM and/or Apple Watch Cellular?

@mmbiker I wouln't say never,  as i bleieve lucky does support esims.  this means it is possible.  if and when however are things no one knows. IIRC they were testing out a new activation portal (was in announcments last year).  so who knows what googies might be introduced...

Honestly I would rather the current system starts to work 100% before new features get introduced.  

boundless

They might support eSIM in the future to compete w/Lucky - but I think it is highly unlikely for them to support Apple Watch.

Support for Apple Watch is a premium feature for a luxury device on big ticket plans - even Koodo doesn't support it!

Isn't Koodo, Lucky's and Fido's main competition?  So, so wouldn't they get the esims?

@gblackma wrote:

Isn't Koodo, Lucky's and Fido's main competition?  So, so wouldn't they get the esims?

@gblackma 

tier 1)  telus- bell - rogers

tier 2)  koodo - virgin- fido

tier 3) Public - lucky - Chatr

tier 4??) zoomer-  7-11, petrocan rbc mobile etc...

edit: your list has lucky instead of virgin

boundless

@gblackma wrote:

Yes - it is likely for Koodo and even possible for PM to get eSIM. But both are unlikely to support Apple Watch.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@boundless wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Yes - it is likely for Koodo and even possible for PM to get eSIM. But both are unlikely to support Apple Watch.

@boundless @gblackma did either of you take 2 seconds to type "koodo esim" into Google to check?  They already support it.  https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/esim-and-esim-vouchers

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@gblackma wrote:

@gblackma , Lucky is the 3rd tier and is the competition to PM maybe you meant to say Virgin?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 yes I learned that from @mimmo in another post after I had already replied to this one. Though I should have thought about them since I came here from Vigin.

@srlawren , no I didn't think to google Koodo to check if they already had esims.  Will deign to do so in the future. Thanks for pointing that out.