cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delay in sending texts

mlee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There is a 2 minute delay in sending text messages. I already restarted my phone and the problem still exists. Please help. thanks

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mlee you've given us very little to work with here.  Are you a new customer and experiencing this now after activating? Did you use the same phone with your previous provider and did it have the same problem there?  Are you an existing customer and this was working fine but suddenly now it's delayed?  Did you change phones?  And exactly which phone (brand and model and operating system version) are you using, and which texting app on that phone are you using?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey there, could you send us a private message :D, we'll try and see if this issue could be caused by our systems!

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What kind of phone? Are you on cellular when you experience the issue or connected to wifi?

iMessage can be pretty flakey and I often have issues with it myself. 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried a different texting app? Just to make sure it's not the app itself. It probably isn't but no hurt to rule it out.

GC

@LEGO wrote:

@mlee If you just ported your number different functions behave strange at the beginning, until your port is fully completed.

This behavior has to be independent of a port.  If a stuck port is getting in the way, the delay would not be just for minutes.  It just would not work. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mlee, how is the signal strength on your connection to the network?  Try dialing out to a number.  Is there also a long delay when calling?  The first thing that comes to mind is maybe something going on with the local cell tower or maybe the texting app is not playing nice. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mlee If you just ported your number different functions behave strange at the beginning, until your port is fully completed.

Need Help? Let's chat.