cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data

jayjay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is 6gig(4g) the max plans available?

If so in this day and age, it's not much.

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jayjay Public Mobile isn't and will never be a one-size-fits-everyone provider.  They offer plans that appeal to the low-to-moderate needs users and at a [relatively] reasonable price, with no frills.  I would not count on them joining the tens-of-GB ranks any time soon, though technically anything is possible--but it just doesn't fit with their market strategy.  For those large plans, and since you said money is no object, you really need to be looking at the 1st tier providers: Telus, Bell, Rogers.  They are going to be able to meet your needs (albeit at nasty prices).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know someone whom is in sales and they were able to obtain a 120 GB plan from PM's parent company Telus.  The pricing wasn't cheap, but wasn't totally unreasonable for what they got (Canada & USA roaming included).

@jayjay wrote:

Cost isn't an issue,the size available is.

If cost is not a concern for you, then shop the top tier brands.  They have plans that costs hundreds per month and comes with 10s GB data.  

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, if you use the "build your own plan" page, you can buy 6GB at LTE speeds.

Unlimited Canada Talk/International Text/6GB 4G (LTE) is $67 per 30 days.

@jayjay wrote:

If cost doesn't matter, take the plan with the most data, and buy multiple data add-ons.  It will be very expensive, but you can buy as much data as you want if you are willing to pay.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jayjay wrote:

Ya but 3g speed is kinda useless imo

@jayjay As PM is providing a lowest cost for customers. The fastest it is, the higher the cost.  

jayjay

@jayjay wrote:

3g speed on LTE is next to useless.  Speed on 3g network is good. Try the 3g network. You will be surprised.

@jayjay wrote:

That's fine,but still,8gig is not much.

Overseas was getting unlimited 4g for $16/month.

I know this is Canada but even America has 30/40/50 gig plans that aren't unreasonable.

Amurica is not Cantnada.  No point in bringing up what is available elsewhere when this market (if you can call it that) behaves like no other.  Anyway, when usage is a paltry few GB per month, the data bytes can be delivered by pony express and would still be of acceptable speed.  

popping

@jayjay 

PM is low cost mobile provider.  Check out the big-3 for the 15/20GB plan.

jayjay

That's fine,but still,8gig is not much.

Overseas was getting unlimited 4g for $16/month.

I know this is Canada but even America has 30/40/50 gig plans that aren't unreasonable.

popping

@jayjay wrote:

PM 3g speed is LTE capped at 3Mbps with the low LTE latency.

jayjay

popping

@jayjay wrote:

Is 6gig the max plans available?

If so in this day and age, it's not much.

You can the $50 8.5GB plan with autopay.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

jayjay

Also,any plans to introduce gigabit hubs to PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.