Did you mean: 

data used up but numbers dont add up

robgrif111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

got message data used up but it is not what happened

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robgrif111 : Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Maybe also the Plan Details page.

@robgrif111 wrote:
adding data usage numbers do not add up to 12 gb for 120 days and not in data and addons
in plan overview it says expired

You plan said Expired?  is today a new cycle day or tomorrow is the new cycle day? Maybe it is going through renewal process still?

So, can you make calls?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robgrif111 

if showing at your Self-Serve a messages those Expired or suspended and your services are working, just ignore,,

all customers getting those message the night before day of renewal.

on the date cycle payment is will automatically renewal.

do you Purchase Add-ons and is not showing to you or your plan not showing the data 

because you used all.

if you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

@robgrif111 

Your plan is showing "expired".

Do you have full calling services (talk, text) both in and out?

Could it be that you don't and that's why data isn't working?

robgrif111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
adding data usage numbers do not add up to 12 gb for 120 days and not in data and addons
in plan overview it says expired

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robgrif111 

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@robgrif111 

Sign into your self-serve and look at the section below for the definitive value of data allotment remaining:

(NOTE -- as indicated, if your data allotment line is NOT DISPLAYED, that means it has been fully consumed for the current cycle)

HALIMACS_0-1640723307004.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@robgrif111 wrote:

got message data used up but it is not what happened

@robgrif111  - if this does not correlate with what is showing in your OVERVIEW section of your Self Serve account, you can safely ignore that message.

Texts have been known to be sent to Public Mobile customers in error stating the 75% and 95% usage of total data usage.

So, if you get this text, best to check Self Serve to ensure the accuracy of it.

To help gauge your data usage install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track. Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

OR, adjust your phone's data tracker on each renewal to match the start date.

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detailsid=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @robgrif111   the text could be misleading.  Did you log onto My Account and check if it still has a  line showing your data usage?   It is under My Data & Add-on on the Overview tab.  If you don't see such line, then your data is really used up

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robgrif111 : Check the self-serve under My Data & Add-ons. That is an accurate counter. Did you get some kind of notice from 611 or did it come from your phone?

Edit: You also should have got a text at 75% and 95% from 611. I suspect your phone is not sync'd to the 30 days of this service.

Need Help? Let's chat.