cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coverage

Mattski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unclear as to where PM works in USA.  When I search on the public mobile site it says there is coverage in Alaska which I know there is not so I of course don't trust it.

Under, "We've got you covered" I put in US and alaska and it says,

"Your location has roaming coverage."
But it doesn't.

I'd like to purchase the new subscription for Can and US offer right now but I need to know where it will work.  Specifically Sedona Arizona area.

5 REPLIES 5

Magex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can tell you i had both iphone 7 plus (4g) and xiaomi 12x (5g), neither of these phones could get data while connected to T-mobile manually, or to AT&T.  Making it practically useless this package.

People keep saying it will only work with VOLTE, even with my phone that has LTE it doesn't work. 

In hawaii i got a tiny amount of data somewhere, and also in Dallas on my way from the airport i seemed to be able to tweet and access online, but it pretty much ended when I got into the city.

Literally went to 3 different US cities within less than 6 months and it worked NOWHERE reliably.  OAHU, DALLAS, PHILADELPHIA.  Making the subscription practically useless for me.    Am I supposed to buy a specific phone where it magically works?? They don't tell you this in the advertising. 

@carlsambi   The problem with AT&T is with 5G. It is said to work if the customer drops to 4G/LTE.  Also a non-VoLTE phone will not work on AT&T but has some chance on T-Mobile's 2G while it still exists. There have been posts from people who used AT&T for PM US roaming recently without a problem.  Where there has been a problem is with phones that try to latch on to Verizon, which isn't a PM roaming partner.  I think, but am not sure, that AT&T is the one that might work in Alaska, but somebody will likely be around the correct me if I'm wrong, although the OP is actually asking about Arizona.  

carlsambi

There are multiple reports from customers that At&T no longer works with Public mobile roaming, but Public Mobile continues to advertise it on their website 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Mattski  @carlsambi  PM's roaming partners are AT&T and T-Mobile.  I believe only one of those works in Alaska. You might want to look at their coverage maps.  From the PM FAQ

• We’ve partnered with AT&T and T-Mobile to provide you with fantastic coverage. Your U.S. coverage will include all 50 states (including Puerto Rico and the U.S Virgin Islands), but please note that service in Alaska is available only to VoLTE-capable devices. For more details, check out our coverage map

carlsambi

Public mobile can only use T-Mobile for US roaming, not AT&T. Unfortunately, Alaska is the only US state that doesn’t have T-mobile coverage.

Fortunately for you, T-mobile covers most of the US mainland. You will have 100% roaming coverage in most states. Only Oregon (20% coverage) and Nebraska (43% coverage) will potentially cause some connection issues depending on where you are.

Need Help? Let's chat.