gmd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I am on the fence.

I need the following per month:

- 120 minutes talk time

- 120 texts

- 500 MB

With all taken into consideration, PM is $10 too much a month across the board. There are a few options around $35, regular PM price: $50 - $2 for charging on credit card = $48.

Sure, I would get 1 MB and unlimited everything else. But a special is only a good deal if you need it.

-gmd

9 REPLIES 9

gmd

Thanks to all those that replied. 

My intent was not to waste anyone's time; sorry if I did.

Considering my usage, 120/120/500, Koodo Prepaid is still the better option (if you use the biggest add-ons):

- $15 for the basic package with unlimited SMS

- $6 for 120 minutes

- $15 for 500 MB

...and these are really the maximum I use (just changed jobs and am on wifi all the time).

I really like the self-serve PM initiative, just disappointed it does not have more options for light users.

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Some others are happy to get a service they can use because of their bad credit, if gmd is not satisfied with prepaid, better to go Postpaid, little bit expensive but......! gmd will be convinced that he doesn't have any other choice except sticking with his actual prepaid service, if it's impossible for him to switch to Postpaid for that reason

Martin
Legend
Legend
If, in your opinion, PM is too expensive, then why did you waste your time as well as that of those community members who replied?

Perhaps you have too much free time on your hands!

gmd

Put yhat way, PM is too expensive.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@gmd, why do you need convincing for a plan that you need. Ball is in your court you decide what works for you and choose that option.

benwarez
Other PM customers are "The Only Judges" (:- Lol...

gmd

We already have a phone with Wind, so that's not it. Guess again 🙂 HINT: don't look too far.

Remember that I said I only needed 120/120/500.

But not what we're talking about Wind,

- 0.15c/min is cheaper than the big 3's LD rate...

- Wind roams on Rogers and Telus... what dead zones?

CET_GUY27

Also, if you are considering companies that are much cheaper than PM, you should check their coverage area.

For example, if you choose a company like Wind, you will have coverage in major urban areas; howver, once you leave a city you are "away" or roaming on another carrier and have to pay $0.15/min, $0.05/text and $0.05/MB on top of your normal plan rates.

PM uses the Bell/Telus network, so you get cross-country coverage (if you pay for Canada-Wide usage) without the dead zones.

If you stay in one city, you'll be fine. If you travel between cities, watch out.

Also, with the PM beta, you save an additional $10/mth for 12 mths and get additional discounts for auto-payments, community involvement and referrals (see the rewards section of the site for details).

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gmd 

What other companies are you looking at that offer a plan around $35 with those things included?

Need Help? Let's chat.