cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contacting moderators

Rider1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello 

How long does it usually take to get a response from a moderator ? I ve been trying multiple times at different times of the day and not having much luck .

31 REPLIES 31

@syilmaz wrote:

Hello,

I registered to public mobile on Jan 30.  The numbers ported and service is active now.  I've tried creating selfserve web account to manage the account.  However i am unable to the self serve account.  I am receiving the following "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click" 

The number is correct.  FYI.  Can you please help with the creation of the account?

@syilmaz  Did you activate your sim on your own or at a retail location. If on your own then during activation you have already setup your selfserve account. Just enter the email that you used during activation and the password. If you don't remeber the password hit the reset password link.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

If you activated the sim ath the store then click here to register your selfserve account.

If you are still havin issues then submit a ticket to PM for help. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

syilmaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I registered to public mobile on Jan 30.  The numbers ported and service is active now.  I've tried creating selfserve web account to manage the account.  However i am unable to the self serve account.  I am receiving the following "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click" 

The number is correct.  FYI.  Can you please help with the creation of the account?

Rider1

Thanks for the reply .One of the moderators was able to help me and everything is working now.  The phone service seems to be working well .have a good day

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a porting problem as well and it seemed that my cell and land line numbers became mixed.  However, eventually, a moderator sorted it.  Then, Data didn't work.  I reset my phone to factory settings then data worked just fine.  Apparently, some app prevented my data working.  Now I'm reloading apps one at a time to see which one it was. All this took over a week.  Sometimes the moderator responded quickly, sometimes within 2 days.  But, it was all worth it for an excellent, reasonably priced plan.

@Rider1 wrote:

I understand that ,I was just suprised when a telus support person phoned me to let me know that my ported number had to be reactivated first ,otherwise telus said they would have done the porting over while i was on the phone with them for public. they just told me i could not call them back and to message public to let them know the number was ready to port.thats all .

@Rider1 Since there was an issue with the port and because Telus Tech support handles port exceptions it's normal for them to call you to inform you that the port failed because your Rogers account was not active. That is not the problem or the issue. The problem is that the moderator messed up the account verification link and that is the reason for the delay.

Rider1

That is very true thanks for the replies and help

Rider1

I understand that ,I was just suprised when a telus support person phoned me to let me know that my ported number had to be reactivated first ,otherwise telus said they would have done the porting over while i was on the phone with them for public. they just told me i could not call them back and to message public to let them know the number was ready to port.thats all .

@Rider1 wrote:

i already reactivated the account yesterday as soon as i found out it was an issue ,so that part is done and verified and i am waiting for the number to be ported over by public. i was just confused why the public moderator sent me a email with someone elses id name and not mine. i cannot pretend to be another member , thats another reason i wanted to get a reply from a moderator to find out what happened.

@Rider1 Understood. That is unfortunate because if the moderator did not mess up the link then your port would have been completed by now.

Rider1

thanks for the reply , i had no idea . this is all new to me. 

Rider1

i already reactivated the account yesterday as soon as i found out it was an issue ,so that part is done and verified and i am waiting for the number to be ported over by public. i was just confused why the public moderator sent me a email with someone elses id name and not mine. i cannot pretend to be another member , thats another reason i wanted to get a reply from a moderator to find out what happened.

@Rider1 wrote:

I had the account reactivated right away  which took about an hour yesterday morning  through rogers ,i tried to click on the link the public moderator sent today but because its not my id and i cannot recieve text messages and i can only phone out so i cannot get a code to verify anything until the number is ported over, thanks why i need help

@Rider1  If you did not receive the text from PM on your PM sim, did you check using your Rogers sim if you received the text?

Rider1

because Telus owns Public and the transfer would go through because the roger account was inactive telus told me that i had to reactivate the rogers account which i did and now its up to public to handle the final process

@Rider1Yeah but Telus is not involved in Public Mobile's operation it is a seperate LLC. Just like going to Safeway and asking for service in Sobey's or vice versa (even though Sobey's owns Safeway Canada). Public Mobile doesn't have call centres.. and Telus staff cannot help you with Public Mobile's account.. that's why we all save a few bucks every month, because we forego on timely support.

@Rider1There is honestly nothing much you can do at this point in time, other than be patient. I advice new users to use a temporary number first then port the number over once the service is up to one's satisfaction.

Rider1

because telus owns public mobile

Rider1

im porting over from rogers to public mobile , i was told by telus that public message would handle it from there

Rider1

I had the account reactivated right away  which took about an hour yesterday morning  through rogers ,i tried to click on the link the public moderator sent today but because its not my id and i cannot recieve text messages and i can only phone out so i cannot get a code to verify anything until the number is ported over, thanks why i need help

@Rider1 wrote:

Thanks for the reply  , I was wondering why telus told me public should be able to do it in 2 hours  ,thats all and its been over 24 hours,

@Rider1  if you had selected a temp PM during activation you would have created a selfserve account and you would have been able to do the port online without moderator intervention.

@Rider1Public would able to do it in a few hours if it is a straight forward process.. ie Both originating and destination accounts have to be active for automated porting to be successful. But since your Roger accounts had lapsed now it requires human intervention and since Public Mobile is a bare bones operation.. you just have to wait in line.

@Rider1 wrote:

I am trying to get my old phone number ported over and was told by telus to get my old rogers account reactivated so public could port over my number (which i did right away yesterday)and Telus said when it was reactivated to message public to let them know and it would be ported over within a couple of hours, I recieved a message from a moderator with a link to click on to verify but the id was not my id and even if it worked i cannot recieve texts until my number is ported over. I messaged back about the  id errors but no one has messaged me back since.any help would be appreciated as i am new to this site.thanks,Joe

@Rider1 For account verification the give two choices. Dif you try the self serv login option?

Rider1

Thanks for the reply  , I was wondering why telus told me public should be able to do it in 2 hours  ,thats all and its been over 24 hours,

@Rider1Why did Telus have to get involved in all this? You are trying to port from Rogers to PM right?

Rider1

I am trying to get my old phone number ported over and was told by telus to get my old rogers account reactivated so public could port over my number (which i did right away yesterday)and Telus said when it was reactivated to message public to let them know and it would be ported over within a couple of hours, I recieved a message from a moderator with a link to click on to verify but the id was not my id and even if it worked i cannot recieve texts until my number is ported over. I messaged back about the  id errors but no one has messaged me back since.any help would be appreciated as i am new to this site.thanks,Joe

mickey9999

It usually depends, from my personal experience, they usually answer within 48 hours, last time I emailed a moderator , response was within the same day

@Rider1 wrote:

sorry that was porting over phone numbers.

@Rider1 Koodo prepaid or another provider?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rider1 wrote:

thanks for the reply. Are the moderators the only ones that can help with solving issues to do with proting over numbers?thanks

So you have tried to? Or you're just wondering?

Koodo prepaid needs them.

iirc one of the PC Mobiles needs them. Other than that it's about the information you provide and whether it matches.

Also that the service you're coming from needs to be active.

@Rider1Porting over number requires access to Public Mobile's backend.. so only Moderators (employees of Public Mobile) have access to that. It takes up to 48 hours + for them to respond depending on work load.

If you are in a hurry or the number is for work.. Public Mobile is probably not a good fit for you.

Rider1

sorry that was porting over phone numbers.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rider1 wrote:

Hello 

How long does it usually take to get a response from a moderator ? I ve been trying multiple times at different times of the day and not having much luck .

@Rider1  Are you having account issues or done other issue? Maybe we can help.

Rider1

thanks for the reply. Are the moderators the only ones that can help with solving issues to do with proting over numbers?thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.