cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused about the Black Friday deals

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

Just want to get clarification regarding the deals coming this week. To my understanding, so far there are 4 deals going on at the same time? Correct me if I'm wrong:

1. the $35/month plan + 5GB extra data adds-on (Nov.25-Dec.2)

2. Free sim card with any online or in-store plan purchase (Nov.25-Dec.2)

3. 2nd-month Free on any plan purchased online or in-store (Nov. 25-Dec.2)

4. Refer a friend and get $20 extra credit beside the regular referral reward (limited time offer but no expire date yet)

Am I right or wrong? I just saw the 2nd Month Free offer today and thought the extra $20 referral credit one has expired but when I log in to my account, the $20 referral offer is still listed there.

Need someone to clarify that for me. Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

@cat2019 wrote:

If that's the case, it's a pretty good deal to me. If my husband switch to PM before Dec.2 and activate a $25 plan in store, that means I can get $20 extra credit for referral and he can get a free Sim plus 2nd month free of $25. That's $55 saving.

Correct! Or, gamble with an extra $10 going for the $35 plan to get the 5Gb data bonus then switch down to the $25 plan for the first renewal and see if the data bonus is clawed back or not. Worst case is it cost you an extra $10 BUT you will get $35 rather than $25 credited to cover your first renewal irregardless of what plan you renew on. Thus you get your $10 back. If you keep the 5Gb data bonus as well....YOU WIN! (Or at least your husband does).

AE_Collector

@GinYVR wrote:

@cat2019The referral credit is there as long as you enter it at the store.

Or at home doing it yourself. Point is, Yes the referal credit bonus to the person DOING the referring is independent of the SIM Card.

AE_Collector

@Melch wrote:

Great deal.  Just signed up my wife and I but bit on the $35 plan to get the one time data bonus. 

I hope one of your remembered to refer. If others are thinking of this, I suggest $40 plan for more data and because to keep data bonus until depleted requires no plan changes.

cat2019

@Melch wrote:

Great deal.  Just signed up my wife and I but bit on the $35 plan to get the one time data bonus. 

If $35 is the plan you originally wanted to have, the 5GB data is definitely a great adds on. Since the fine prints already says bonus data will be lost for any plan change after activation and he doesn't want the $35 one, we'll just stay with the $25.

Melch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

cat2019

If that's the case, it's a pretty good deal to me. If my husband switch to PM before Dec.2 and activate a $25 plan in store, that means I can get $20 extra credit for referral and he can get a free Sim plus 2nd month free of $25. That's $55 saving.

@cat2019 wrote:

thanks,  the free SIM is for in-store only, but there is still the $20 extra referral credit right?

The $20 is for the old customer. New customer gets $10 if referral involved.

@cat2019The referral credit is there as long as you enter it at the store.

cat2019

thanks,  the free SIM is for in-store only, but there is still the $20 extra referral credit right?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I think you've got it correct though not "Deals coming this week" but rather "Deals on RIGHT NOW and ending after this week...we'll, Monday night...

1- is $35 or higher plan.

2- as far as I know the free sim is only from dealers.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.