cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged twice in August

Tilman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

I got charged twice in August? Can that be corrected please?

13 REPLIES 13

@hTideGnow wrote:

a 30 days cycle really confused people a lot.   It confuses phone data counter , too.  Many stock counter won't take 30 days cycle and you have to go with 3rd party app

Not sure why PM chose to do that, other than they make 5 more days of money . 

@hTideGnow I was going to leave this alone but I have to ask. How is charging you for 360 days of service (12 - 30 day periods) giving the company 5 more days of money? Are you suggesting that they should charge monthly? With 7 of the 12 months having 31 days I bet they would raise their "monthly" rate and you would end up paying more overall, even during the 30 day months and February. Or maybe they should keep the rates the same and make them monthly?

I like the way you think, @Nezgar.

Using that methodology, PM could have an activation blitz every January 31st and make the claim that "You won't be charged next month".

😏

Technically all the post paid carriers rip off their customers in February by charging the same for a 28 day month as a 31 day month making PM's system more fair. 😉

@hTideGnow wrote:

a 30 days cycle really confused people a lot.   It confuses phone data counter , too.  Many stock counter won't take 30 days cycle and you have to go with 3rd party app

This is true, but even if Public Mobile did have regular monthly plans billed on the same day each month, it's still possible to have 2 charges on a credit card during a given month. Some transactions take a different amount of time to get finalized by the credit card company.

@Tilman 

I noticed that your credit card charges precede your pubicmmobile charges

Usually they withdraw the money if your credit card between midnight and 2am eastern time. If your credit card is on western time that could explain the date discrepancy.

Your due date will float about 5 years per year so the next year or will be around 26th of August and yes there are those lucky months when you will be payment on 1st and 30 days later on 31st. On the other hand there may be a year without February payment at all

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Tilman 

Think of it this way.   Virtually ALL companies charge monthly - this means that regardless whether there are 28 days (Feb) or 31 days (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Aug, Oct, & Dec) you get charged the SAME amount.

Public Mobile charges on a rotating 30-day cycle.   They do not deal in "monthly" increments.

Does that clarify why on months where there are 31 days, and your bill lands on Day 1, you'll also be billed on Day 31?

@Tilman wrote:

okay so for some reason in changed from always being 1st or 2nd of the month to end of the month in August and now it's already at the end of the month 

As Public Mobile plans are 30 days in length, the date can change from month to month with the plan payments being due on different days for some months. As for the date that he shows on your credit card statement, that can also change due a reason as simple as there being a holiday or Public Mobile applying the charge on weekend.

Tilman

okay so for some reason in changed from always being 1st or 2nd of the month to end of the month in August and now it's already at the end of the month 

@Tilman wrote:

Thanks for your qucik answer.

In the payment history it's only ones but on my bank account it got charged twice.Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 5.42.51 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-12-18 at 16.51.53.png

Both your credit card charges and your Public Mobile payment hisory look right. As I was saying before, plans are 30 days in length, not a month in length.  You have not been double charged. Please also consider that the dates provided by your card issuer aren't dates that Public Mobile charged your credit card but rather are credit card company transaction posting dates.

Tilman

Thanks for your qucik answer.

In the payment history it's only ones but on my bank account it got charged twice.Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 5.42.51 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-12-18 at 16.51.53.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tilman- Any chance you did an immediate plan change?  *IF* that was the case, it would be normal, since there are no credits for unused plan days.  Other than that, you would need to contact the moderators and make your case with them.  Click on the chat bubble in the lower right corner to start the process.

Alternatively, you could post your payment history screen from self serve portal (without any private info), and perhaps an explanation can be given by a member of the community.

@Tilman wrote:

Hey,

I got charged twice in August? Can that be corrected please?

It's possible to be charged more than once in a month as all currently offered plans are 30 days in length, but I am assuming that's not what you mean.

Did you check if the extra amount was added to your Public Mobile account balance?

Need Help? Let's chat.