Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant text or recieve calls

Fifthjoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

edited by computergeek541: miscategorized/unrelated to "Community"

9 REPLIES 9

@Dmaslasz    Please check your message box top right for the Telus Porting Dept. # which can be used for stuck ports.

Dmaslasz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi could you send me that number too, I am having the same issue.

Fifthjoy

thanks

@Fifthjoy i will pm you the number to reinitiate port request 

@Fifthjoy    Check your message box top right and call the number there.  edit:  keep your old SIM in the phone until you've responded.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Fifthjoy 

ensure that you have received a validation SMS text from your previous service provider, and that you have followed the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.
Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message SMS reply YES
To given the approval to transfer your old number to new provider.

if you already reply to SMS yes and not working tried rebooting device or insert your SIM in other device,

after 2 hr is still same issue the open ticket directly > https://bit.ly/3Km9bXv

Fifthjoy

its been over 90 minutes

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Fifthjoy hi did you just activate and transfer a number from your previous provider? if so did you leave your old sim in your phone to receive transfer request? you have 90 minutes to reply yes or your port doesn't go through properly 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Fifthjoy    First try rebooting the phone.  If you just ported it can take upto to an hour before the transfer is complete.

Did you respond to the transfer text you would have received from your old carrier with a YES within 90 minutes?  You would need to keep the old SIM in your phone until your responded and that account also needs to be active until the porting is complete.

edit:  if you didn't respond to the transfer request, I'll private message you the Telus porting # which you can call and they can request that the transfer text be resubmitted.  Please check your message box top right.

Need Help? Let's chat.