cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot receive calls

sofia123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just port my phone number from PC mobile, I can call out but I cannot receive calls. Please advise what to do

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sofia123 porting over from another cell provider should be completed within 2-3 hours. Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

If restarting your phone does not get everything working after the alloted time ask CSA to check on the port, then  try performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Or, if you did not reply YES to the PC mobile text (using the PC mobile SIM card) to approve the port within 90 minutes, try inserting it now to see if the text comes in. If it is no coming to your PC SIM, submit the request again by contacting CSA and submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@sofia123 

Number ports take time. Minutes, hours, even days (though that's becoming rare). They can be partially functional or malfunctional until they're fully complete (and all the networks have registered your number, provider, SIMID, etc).

Make sure the phone settings has "Public Mobile" or "Auto" as the operator/network/carrier. Then restart the phone every hour or so. At some point it will recognize the new number correctly. You'll see the "Public Mobile" or "Telus" banner at the top when it's working. You can then dial out or answer calls, send or receive texts to confirm it works.

Data (and MMS attachments) won't work until you configure the phone with Public Mobile's APN settings (then restart again). All this setup stuff is a one-time deal on each phone.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@sofia123 

The porting process willing take a couple of hours to complete. Did you leave your old sim in your phone to receive the confirmation text to allow your old number to be ported out from your old carrier?

Need Help? Let's chat.