cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot change password

wawaw157
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello: 

I have been trying for the past 2 days to change my password. I have forgotten my password and using the forgot password option there is a problem. At the email verification page where you must enter your email address twice the result is a message that states "Your login failed. Please try again." After trying for 2 days and continually receiving the same message there seems to be a problem. Can anyone help?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@wawaw157 wrote:

Hello:

@esjliv

Yes I have ported my phone number to another provider and I wished to log in to cancel my account. Does the fact that my phone number is ported to another provider automatically cancel my account?

Thanks

@wawaw157  Yes, if you successfully ported over your Public Mobile number to another provider than the Public Mobile account is closed and not accessible any longer.

wawaw157
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello:

@esjliv

Yes I have ported my phone number to another provider and I wished to log in to cancel my account. Does the fact that my phone number is ported to another provider automatically cancel my account?

Thanks

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wawaw157 

Are you a current Public Mobile customer with an active account/SIM card(phone number), or have been active within the last 90 days.

If after 90 days in nonpay/suspended status OR if you ported your phone number to another provider your account and access to self serve is gone.

If you are a current customer, have you been able to log into your account previously?

Or, have you created an account yet (you may not have if you activated instore), you can register for an account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Otherwise, ask Public Mobile customer support agents to help you get back into your account, as per methods provided by @softech 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@wawaw157 

Usually, these instances are cured with time.

Typically, we'd advise to wait 1 full hour, clear your cache and cookies, open and incognito tab, then try again.

You might also try logging in from a completely DIFFERENT device using a different web browser.

If you've entered your credentials too many times, you may have been locked out completely which a CSA would be needed to help with, as @softech provides above.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wawaw157   If you already tried Forgot password and encountered issue, you will have to open ticket with PM Support and have them to sort it out for you:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.