cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not switch to koodo, because it said already redeemed

kennaw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I received a text msg saying if i switch to koodo can get $35 for 5GB plus $180 bill credit. When i tried to order online, it doesnt work, it said the validation code (my phone number) already redeemed.  Even the store has same issue. I called koodo customer service, they can not solve why and they didnt explain why this happen. One of the rep told me I have to stay in Public for 3 months before i switch. But I did some search, they told me it is incorrect. They told me they switch from Public to Koodo within 3 months. Now koodo says nothing they can do, they cant access my account. ask me to contact Public. Is anyone having same issue as me? And how can I solve it and take this offer. Offer expiry in Sep 30. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

kennaw

sounds good. will try

kennaw

thank you Will, give contact store tomorrow.

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@kennaw

If you really want to contact Public mobile, you have to private message a moderator.  It will take 1-2 days for them to respond.  Not sure really if they can help you though....

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(include your phone number, account number and PIN)

I have already contacted both Koodo and PM with regards to this offer and this is what I was told,

- Koodo has nothing to do with this offer so don't bother contacting them,

- PM text the offer to join Koodo and it is generated electronically by the server,

- PM mods do not have any control over the generation of the text offer and they can not assist so don't bother contacting them.

- This offer is on going so you may be texted, you may not, only option is to wait and see.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

@krazykiwi, you are not internalizing what I said.  Follow my instructions.  You won't regret it.  If there are barriers, ask the store clerk to call in so that you can speak to a supervisor. 

@Dunkman wrote:

@kennaw

If you really want to contact Public mobile, you have to private message a moderator.  It will take 1-2 days for them to respond.  Not sure really if they can help you though....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I have already contacted both Koodo and PM with regards to this offer and this is what I was told,

- Koodo has nothing to do with this offer so don't bother contacting them,

- PM text the offer to join Koodo and it is generated electronically by the server,

- PM mods do not have any control over the generation of the text offer and they can not assist so don't bother contacting them.

- This offer is on going so you may be texted, you may not, only option is to wait and see.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kennaw, if you really want to leave badly and now, just go to a Koodo store to do the sign up.  Show them the evidence that you are the legit owner of the eligible number and that it is still in an active Public Mobile account.  They will call into the Koodo support center and do whatever override is necessary to complete the order.  I have heard people report success with going this route online.  Give it a try. 

@kennaw

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yup. That's about sums it up. You just need to wait for the next migration offer 

kennaw

My friend used my number as referal when she joined Public a few day after me. She received the same text promotion, and she just switch to Koodo successfully hours ago.

I told Koodo I never use any offer, and could be someone use my number already.  Now they just says it's Public's problem that against me getting this offer. They recommend me call Public. How can I call Public, there is no customer service for Public. It is really frustracted, but koodo keeps saying nothing they can do.

@kennaw

It looks like somebody might have "hijacked" your number to get the Koodo promotions.  Hard to say exactly how.  online public mobile number generator? did you give your phone number as  a friend referral online?  

You might be out of luck as stated above unfortunately.  Only Koodo can offer you that special deal....  You could try again to explain to Koodo that you definitely did not use the promotion and somebody else "stole" your number for the promo.....  Not sure what Public Mobile can do for you....  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You are basically out of luck. There have been a couple similar posts. One last week outlining basically try calling try store then wait for next offee

Need Help? Let's chat.