cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling some one else from out side

tonymaber
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ok so this may be a simple one but just wanted to make sure first. so I have Canada wide calling and text. my gf would like to switch to public mobile however she does not leave the province of bc and would only have province wide calling. for work, I often travel all around Canada, and while I understand her trying to call me while I am out of province would not work, what about me calling her from when I am out of province. if I am the one doing the calling is she charged?  

thanks  

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jpar yes you are correct.  I intentionally left out the details of the prov-wide restrictions, but you are correct in your assertion.

More and more, I am liking this idea from the Public Lab:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Get-rid-of-Province-wide-calling/idi-p/157...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren wrote:

@Acekiller wrote:

she is fine as long as she stays within her home province.  Outside her home province, she won't get signal.

@Acekiller I just wanted to clarify here--she will most assuredly still get a signal, and be able to use texting and data services (if part of her plan) from anywhere in Canada where she gets reception.  Only Province-wide talk service is limited to a physical province.  I just wanted to clarify, because saying she won't get a signal may lead to a misunderstanding.

I'm guessing if you go to another province (ie. Nova Scotia to New Brunswick), with just province wide calling, you can make outgoing calls to that same province (New Brunswick), no?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 you may have missed it, but @tonymaber has canada-wide calling.  Just an FYI, to your last paragraph above.

You're right.  I guess I just assumed that everyone took the $40 promo plan from a few months back, which not everyone did as province-wide calling wouldln't work for every person.

That ship has sailed so long ago.

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 you may have missed it, but @tonymaber has canada-wide calling.  Just an FYI, to your last paragraph above.

You're right.  I guess I just assumed that everyone took the $40 promo plan from a few months back, which not everyone did as province-wide calling wouldln't work for every person.

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Since your girlfriend has province-wide calling and has a BC number and is always in BC, she will never be charged for receiving any phone call - from anywhere.  For the person receiving a call, the origin of the caller or where they are make zero difference.  This is true for all carriers.

The only time a cellular subscriber is ever charged long distance for receiving a call occurs when he or she is outside his or her local calling area, and when such long distance isn't already included as part of the plan. 

When you are making a call back to your girlfriend, you will need either a plan with Canada-wide calling or a long distance add-on.  Without at least one of those you will not be able to call her at all while you are outside BC.

srlawren

@Acekiller wrote:

she is fine as long as she stays within her home province.  Outside her home province, she won't get signal.

@Acekiller I just wanted to clarify here--she will most assuredly still get a signal, and be able to use texting and data services (if part of her plan) from anywhere in Canada where she gets reception.  Only Province-wide talk service is limited to a physical province.  I just wanted to clarify, because saying she won't get a signal may lead to a misunderstanding.

If you both have the same provincial code, she can still call you without charge wherever you are in Canada. As others have said, you can call her from anywhere. 

Don't forget to ask her to enter your PM number as the referral when she activates; will save you $1/30 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
No
Incoming calls are always free even if u call anyone and you have a Canada wide or long distance add-on you won't get extra charge either for calling anywhere in Canada or usa if you have a ld add-on but for the person who receive your calls won't get change at all.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

since this is pre-paid, she will not be charged, everything is paid for upfront. This chart also helps explain it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dis...

Need Help? Let's chat.