cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autopay not working

HeloiseT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had autopay and updated my credit card a couple of weeks ago.  when it came time for it to be done today it did not go through and now my account is suspended.  i have tried updating it again, deleted the old one and it still is not working.  i also tried just sending in a payment with my cc and that is not working.  any guidance is appreciated.  thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Never assume things should work as you think. When changing credit cards, I would manually try to add funds like $1 just so you know the cc does work. If it does not work, then you have time to fix the issue before it tries to renew with autopay. I also manually add fuds a day or two before my plan renews with autopay. This way I avoid an autopay glitch but also get my autopay reward.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HeloiseT  If you make too many attempts then a security lock gets triggered on your account that needs to be cleared by PM in order to  be able to add your cc again. Your payment did not go through because it's a known fact that Public's payment processing will fail on occasion because of a timeout issue that they are aware of and need to fix.

Best to submit a ticket and ask them to fix the issue. To submit a ticket to the Public Mobile please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMON by clicking this link.

1. Enter Mod at the Ask me anything prompt and hit return
    2. Select Account-specific question
    3. Select No, I want a human
    4. Select the Click me! link

In your message describe your issue/problem. The message will be received by Public Mobile and they will respond to it. You will receive a response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Public Mobile Moderator Team.

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here.

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post.

Hope this helps!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@HeloiseT it happens... try making a manual payment to reactivate your services

login to self serve
click on "payment" tab
click the "preferred payment type"
choose "other, enter the desired amount" and manually type in your total plan amount and make a payment. 
go back to your "overview" tab and click the "reactivate" button 
restart your phone

you can purchase a voucher or instant top up to get your services working while mods look into your account.

instant top up-01.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.