cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apn settings for Samsung Galaxy S7 model G935V (this last letter might be important)

Carmelo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.  We discovered today that we can't send photo attachments with our texting.  We set up the apn settings with the right parameters, but it still won't work. Our plan allows for picture texting.  Help, we have to decide today whether or not the send back the phone.

24 REPLIES 24

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

There I fixed it for the other owners/users of Samsung S3, and other somewhat older models of Samsung phones!

There, I fixed your post!!! 😜 🤣

@CFPartDeux 

There I fixed it for you! Geesh!

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

True that but I'm pretty sure if you are looking for APN settings for the S3 you won't really look for it under a heading for the S7 or S10.

Well, a generic search for "APN" may end up on this thread anyway..... that, and it still doesn't make your statement about "all Samsung phones" correct. 😁

@CFPartDeux 

True that but I'm pretty sure if you are looking for APN settings for the S3 you won't really look for it under a heading for the S7 or S10.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

They made smartphones in 2012? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Seeing as I'm not using a smartphone from 2012 I'm not so sure I need to up my game as you need to upgrade your phone!

Pfffft, you STILL need to up your game..... after all, you should know I'm now using a pretty current phone, but the fact remains the S3, which still works on most/all Canadian providers' services, doesn't automatically scoop the APN settings, and I'm not the only one that still has and/or uses that old, or older, of a Samsung model. 😜

@CFPartDeux 

Seeing as I'm not using a smartphone from 2012 I'm not so sure I need to up my game as you need to upgrade your phone!

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@Carmelo 

Dont worry all Samsung phones automatically set the appropriate APN once the sim card is inserted.

Maybe current, or fairly recent Samsung phones do that, but your statement is incorrect, because my S3 didn't set the APN automatically, nor did another semi-recent member's S3..... c'mon dar, you need to up your game here! 😜 🤣

@Carmelo 

Dont worry almost all Samsung phones* automatically set the appropriate APN once the sim card is inserted.

Edit: almost

*except really old ones like the S3

BeachNBeer

@Carmelo either or would work for your s10/s7

@Carmelo reset your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. Samsung's will usually fetch the correct APN settings. Enable data and try sending an mms message and surfing the internet. Stay safe. 

Samsung Galaxy S10 - Reset Network Settings
  1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen. These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings. ...
  3. Tap Reset network settings.
  4. Review the info then tap Reset settings. ...
  5. To confirm, review the info then tap Reset.

@Carmelo wrote:

Hello again,

My wife just got a new Samsung S10.  We're trying to activate the sim but when we pressed on the "continue" button, during the sign-up process, the next webpage was indicated as invalid.  Can't try again until after waiting 50 minutes ... grrr

Also, would anybody have the apn settings for the Samsung S10? 

Thanks!

hi if it's new it should pick them up on it's own if not try these APN Settings:
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

Carmelo

S10 settings are the same as those for the S7?

BeachNBeer

@Carmelo  APN settings taken from @Jb456 

Screenshot_20200617_075827.jpg

If they don't work try this

Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

Carmelo

Hello again,

My wife just got a new Samsung S10.  We're trying to activate the sim but when we pressed on the "continue" button, during the sign-up process, the next webpage was indicated as invalid.  Can't try again until after waiting 50 minutes ... grrr

Also, would anybody have the apn settings for the Samsung S10? 

Thanks!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Carmelo  glad you got it working. Have a great day!

@Carmelo looking at your screenshot you posted I can see your missing your APN type. Yours says default when it should list a bunch.

Please edit your APN settings and match everything to the below screenshot.

Carmelo

It worked with your parameters!

Thanks!

@Carmelo hi reset your network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

Carmelo

Screenshot_20200824-165134_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200824-165126_Settings.jpg

@Carmelo wrote:

Hello, thanks for your help.

Yes,  it's enabled.

Try:

Set up MMS - Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
  1. Select Apps.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Scroll to and select Mobile networks.
  4. Select Access Point Names.
  5. Select MORE.
  6. Select Reset to default.
  7. Select RESET. Your phone will reset to default Internet and MMS settings. MMS problems should be solved at this point. Please continue the guide if you still cannot send/receive MMS.
  8. Select ADD.

Carmelo

Hello, thanks for your help.

Yes,  it's enabled.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Data needs to be turned on to send MMS. Is it on?

Can you post a screenshot of the APN settings?

You can try these.

Screenshot_20200617_075827.jpg

Save and reboot phone.

If they don't work try these.

Let us know!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Carmelo ,

Do you have your data "Enabled"?

Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge - Turn Data On / Off
  1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen. These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings. > Connections > Data usage.
  3. Tap the Mobile data switch to turn on or off .
  4. If prompted, tap TURN OFF to confirm.

When sending MMS text your data will not get used up from your data plan, but it needs to be enabled to send and receive.

Need Help? Let's chat.