cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation

ruthchiasson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am trying to activate my phone and port my number but its been trying to activate now for 4 days. any ideas on whats going on

8 REPLIES 8

@ruthchiasson wrote:

ok i will try and do the process over again. its on the activation screen and the spinny thing is still spinning.  thanks

Are you using an iMac or MacBook?

@ruthchiasson 

Add to @will13am recommendation is to put your browser in incognito.

Also leave your previous carrier SIM card in the phone. You will get a text from the carrier to confirm that you are porting over to PM. Then power off the phone and swap the SIM to PM SIM and power on the phone.

If it the porting is not complete after 90 minutes, contact a PM moderator by clicking on the SIMon Chat bubble and ask to contact a moderator to help you to complete your porting.

Not very high hope with the online activation assistant.  The other day, someone reported back saying the chat said they can't help.. and passed it back to the Community here.  

If OP decides to try it, let's hope this will have a better outcome.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ruthchiasson 

What stage have you gotten within the activation process?

Did you get past the payment stage, and is the amount showing in your credit/payment card transactions?

Try the live chatting option reserved for activation assistance:

Online Activation Assistance

And here is the information article on porting numbers to Public Mobile:

Porting article

@ruthchiasson wrote:

ok i will try and do the process over again. its on the activation screen and the spinny thing is still spinning.  thanks

Before you do so.. check if PM took money out yet.  If not, then go ahead with activate again.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ruthchiasson first, check if PM took money out from your credit card yet?

If so, can you logon to Self-Serve and see if your account is active?

can you make outgoing calls?  If so, the actually is active.  

I guess you didn't receive incoming calls with your number you want to port yet?  If you call your number, is it still going to your old SIM, provider?

an important step for porting is to receive a SMS from your current provider and reply YES for the porting to go through. have you done that yet?  

I will private message you a phone number to confirm with the status of the porting

ruthchiasson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ruthchiasson , I am not sure what you mean by trying to activate for 4 days.  Normally when all the entries are done and on final submission, the process could take a minute or so to complete.  If you are stuck on a screen, I would suggest cancelling out, clearing browser cache and starting from the beginning.  

Need Help? Let's chat.