cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation request has failed sim card not valid

vmccue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I just tried to activate my sim card and when I got to the end, the activation said it failed.  The following was shown on the summary page.

- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

Now I cannot login and when I try to activate again, it show "Invalid SIM"

Can someone please help?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Xylene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This happened to me today. I got the error ''sim card not valid, try after 50 minutes' .

I cleared cache , waited 1 hour and then used incognito mode to active the Sim .

This typically happens when we click back during the activation process and the session is active.   

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey there - 

Hope this is all solved for you two. If not, please send one mod (no need to message multiple mods as they share a queue) a message with as much detail as possible (SIM number, name, email, phone #, account at your old provider if you're trying to port in) and we will take care of you. Note that it will likely take a few days to get back to you due to our high volume of support requests. We are very sorry for that  and promise that we are all working as much as possible and as fast as possible.

Cat

mohammedessam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your best option right now is to send a message to @Shazia_K

She helped me and others within the last hour.

beerdude111
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This happened to me when I signed up recently. What ended up happening (for me) is that the SIM actually did activate, the website just had issues. Try popping your SIM into the phone, see if it's working or not. Also keep in mind, if you ported your number, it's common not to recive calls until the porting process is over. You can still make calls though.

Need Help? Let's chat.