cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activating my sim card

saberkousha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi 

I'm now in saskatoon but I want to go to BC in June. Is it possible to register a new phone number with Bc area code?

I have no postal code in Bc yet.

thanks,

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Yes but the OP asked about registering a new number with a bc area code? Unless I got the wrong end of the stick on this one? I assumed they wanted to change phone numbers once they moved to bc?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious wrote:

@saberkousha 

To add to @Meow 's comment you could temporarily change to an Alberta phone number and top up your account paying only 5% gst and save the 7% pst charged for bc numbers and then change to a bc number after topping up since you can change your number up to 4 times per 30 days.

But that way customer will lose his 'old' number, correct? You cannot expect to get your 'old' number from other province if you do switching...

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@saberkousha wrote:

hi 

I'm now in saskatoon but I want to go to BC in June. Is it possible to register a new phone number with Bc area code?

thanks,

Yes. You change your number any time for any number in any province. Your PST, although, will be based on the province that the number belongs to. You have a prepaid plan and your name, address and postal code in your profile can be true, fake or whatever. Be sure you select a number that belongs to the area that you plan to live in so locals calling you won’t have to call you LD. This web site will help you with what numbers belong to what area.  There are are a few tricks to get a 604 number for the lower mainland....just ask. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@saberkousha wrote:

hi 

thanks,

@saberkousha  - Public Mobile in-market plans are currently Canada-Wide calling. So often people will keep their phone numbers where ever they are in Canada regardless of their area code.

Good reasons to change, i suppose, if you know people calling you, that perhaps would incur long distance charges. 

But changing numbers is easy to do in your self serve account. You can do it 4 times every 30 days, if you wish.

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated.

Just choose the city for available numbers. Choose surrounding cities, or go back to other cities to repopulate different number options.

To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@saberkousha 

To add to @Meow 's comment you could temporarily change to an Alberta phone number and top up your account paying only 5% gst and save the 7% pst charged for bc numbers and then change to a bc number after topping up since you can change your number up to 4 times per 30 days.

Alternatively while you are traveling thru Alberta to bc you can purchase pm vouchers from Shell or 7/11 for example and you will only be charged 5% gst at the point of sale also saving the 7% pst charged in BC.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You can be in Newfoundland and have BC number. It might be awkward for your friends to call that number but it is possible. Or you can even choose number from province where tax is less than 13% and thus pay less for a service.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@saberkousha 

Adding to @darlicious BC area codes. There is also 250 and the new 236.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@saberkousha 

Whenever you are ready to change your phone number you can do so in your self serve account as mentioned by @will13am . Depending on where you are moving in BC some area codes may be more desirable than others. At that time if you have trouble finding the area code you may prefer you can post again and we can offer suggestions for the "city" to look under for the area code you desire. For example in Vancouver and the lower mainland the (604) or (778) area codes are difficult to come by. However if you choose SECHELT ( one of the gulf islands) both those area codes are available to choose and the local calling area is the same as if the phone number was chosen from one of the communities in the lower mainland. When you get here....Welcome to beautiful BC!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@saberkousha , you go change your phone number in the self serve account any time you like.  You do not need to match the phone number area code to the address.  

Need Help? Let's chat.