cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow Mobile and Walmart Promo

AK_41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This topic may have been posted by others already but can't seem to be able to find anything, and apologies if this is being reposted. 

I have been reading on other forums such as Redflagdeals that if you were to switch over from PM to another carrier and you were to do it at a Wow Mobile kiosk or at Walmart there are two promotions they were giving away when you port over your number. However, this only applys if you sign up and activate a new phone, in which case is the iPhone 6/SE where you will either get a $250 pre paid visa card (@ Wow Mobile) or a Walmart gift card for a value of $225. 

I had tried to confirm this at Wow and Walmart and been getting alot of different responses so I don't know what is true or if they even honor this promo anymore. At Wow, they said they will give you the $250 pre paid visa card if you switch from your current carrier to a new one with an activaiton of the iPhone 6/SE. I went to Walmart they too said they will give you the same thing but it's just a Walmart gift card worth $225. At Walmart, their promos change every week starting on Friday -Sunday, so this past weekend (March 27) they were offering to customers when they switch was an additional $100 to the Walmart gift card so you'd be getting $325 instead of $225. But like I said, their promos change every week so it is hard to tell if the following week this promo will remain the same or not. 

I also went to Koodo to ask if there was any promo if I were to switch from PM. Aside from the promo plan that I had received they said they cannot do more than give me the $100 bill credit. And the representative also said they Wow doesn't do the pre paid visa card promo anymore. I just wanted to hear from others if they know about these promotions going on at these other places and what exactly are they offering to customers if they plan on switching? 

Cheers. 

4 REPLIES 4

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks! tryin to refer a friend for the $30/1GB deal and hope he could get a SIM from Wow and maybe Wow could set him up as well.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You should be able to buy just sims from wow,k-mobile and Walmart.

Walmart s however have been saying you need to activate with them contrary to pm official stance on the matter.

@tzliuwrote:

Can you just buy a SIM card from WOW or they won't sell you a one?  

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you just buy a SIM card from WOW or they won't sell you a one?  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The Walmart and Wow Mobile deals do change from week to week and from store to store.  You just gotta go to a store and see what they are offering that day.  Bear in mind that these partner companies rely on you staying with the service for at least 90 days in order to collect the commission from the carrier.  So if a phone churn is done you will be blacklisted and not likely to be able to participate in future deals.

Need Help? Let's chat.