cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Public Mobile support VoLTE?

BAL
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is a big news in the telecommunications' world. I was wondering if PM will support it? 

Someone told me that one avantage of VoLTE is that it will be able to switch between a Wi-Fi call to LTE seamlessly during the call. Is it true?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Yep - though not all LTE phones are VoLTE capable right now.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

VoLTE is super smart.. it learns all your words much like a keyboard on smartphones..  it will even speak to fill in words in your conversations just like the autocorrect  Smiley LOL

Seriously though, @BAL,  VoLTE has benefits.. such as connection times will be faster, supposed better call quality, data connection won't drop to 3G during call which is great for multitasking, etc

And, judging by the way things are so far, when Telus gets it, we will get it too.

Mayor / Maire

@BAL wrote:

Someone told me that one avantage of VoLTE is that it will be able to switch between a Wi-Fi call to LTE seamlessly during the call. Is it true?

Absolutely, completely not true. I suggest you take everything that person says with a grain of salt from here on out!

defence5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since Telus (the network provider for PM) have yet to commit to a date for rolling out VoLTE, PM offering this is someway in the future.

Need Help? Let's chat.