cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get referral reward after recovering my suspended account?

lszhou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will have to put a hold on my account, probably for a year. When I re-activate my number, do I still get the referral reward that I currently get (I referred a friend and am getting $1 off per month now)? 

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Rose25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Korth 

"For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment."

This is what I was saying. You can earn rewards only when you have an active account. You won't get any rewards when you are inactive. But you can use the rewards that you had earned earlier when you were active when you reactivate your account before 90 days. 

@Rose25 wrote:

@Korth  Rewards can be earned only during the active period. But the rewards that are already earned can be used by accounts that aren't inactive for more than 90 days. If the person doesn't reactivate before that, then the account, rewards and number would be lost. 

The Public Mobile Rewards Rules specifically states "To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have ... 2 - An active account"

"Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment."

I'm pretty sure Rewards don't accumulate on your account balance. They're deductions from your cost. If your cost is current zero (because you haven't actually bought a prepaid plan, thus suspended) then your discount on zero is also zero. The rewards won't get added to your available funds for later, they won't all be applied retroactively on your next payment, they are simply lost.

PM's wording is not entirely unambiguous. But it's not something I'm willing to experiment with on my account, lol.

Rose25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Korth  Rewards can be earned only during the active period. But the rewards that are already earned can be used by accounts that aren't inactive for more than 90 days. If the person doesn't reactivate before that, then the account, rewards and number would be lost. 

I thought Rewards are only applied to Active plans?

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Just to add to the words of  caution re the 90 days of suspension:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...  ... this is my go to source for extended absence scenarios. Thanks, @Luddite.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lszhou , as noted you can only put accounts on hold for up to 90 days after which they are deactivated.  Normally customers would not go so close to the edge and would renew several days earlier just in case something goes wrong.  Each 30 day renewal will reset the 90 day countdown clock.  Theoretically, you can get 120 days out of each renewal.  

@geopublic wrote:

@lszhou  it depends on what you mean by putting your account on hold for a year. You must renew your your plan every 90 days otherwise you account will get deleted and you will lose your number.

That's a good point.The OP's refer-a-friend reward can be still colected, assuming that the account can actually be reactivated. An account can't stay dormant for a year without being closed.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lszhou  it depends on what you mean by putting your account on hold for a year. You must renew your your plan every 90 days otherwise you account will get deleted and you will lose your number.

@lszhou wrote:

I will have to put a hold on my account, probably for a year. When I re-activate my number, do I still get the referral reward that I currently get (I referred a friend and am getting $1 off per month now)? 

Yes, as long as your friend is still an active customer

but

as geopublic has said in the message below, your account must be kept open by paying for the plan every once in a while.

Need Help? Let's chat.