cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildfire help in Nova Scotia

tanyaluke1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's truly sad that Public Mobile will not help us out because of the devastating wildfires in Nova Scotia.  Pretty sure that Public Mobile will be losing my 2 accounts and I will be sure to spread the word around of how uncaring Public Mobile is.

15 REPLIES 15

tanyaluke1

They haven't helped me out yet

tanyaluke1

Yes

tanyaluke1

I have reached out to this person and have not gotten a response.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tanyaluke1 

As a last resort reach out to PM manager at @J_PM 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tanyaluke1 

I am aware that only Eastlink is providing assistance. So far I haven’t seen any of the Big 3 giving assistance.

How are you getting WiFi to make this post? At your hotel?

Meanwhile, you can use WhatsApp or TextNow app for free wifi calling and texting.

tanyaluke1

Yes, I have reached out a lot in the last week...but I haven't had any luck in resolving my issues.

tanyaluke1

I'm sorry, but public Mobile is own by Telus.  There has got to be a way for them to help me out in this very difficult time.

tanyaluke1

I've asked over and over again. We won't get our high speed back for a very long time, because of all the damage to the wires....and we are just asking fur some help with data charges and PM doesn't want to I help out in any way.. 

tanyaluke1

Unfortunately, it looks as if they won't help me out.

tanyaluke1

I have already asked an agent.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you ASK agent for potential assistance?

XionBunny

@Hollister good find, hopefully they'll help out the poster in this case, I just wouldn't expect they will help everyone, just a case by case bases, best of luck though.

Hollister

@tanyaluke1 

Here is a post where PM came through for someone in need during the Covid pandemic. Hope you are able to get some assistance.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Quarantined/td-p/518273

XionBunny

This is a prepaid provider, benefits that customers enjoy such as retention do not exist here, and threatening to leave over it will achieve nothing. However, you could always migrate to Telus/Kodoo or the other main brands and get the credits and retention you desire.

Hollister

@tanyaluke1 

PM is owned by Telus. Try reaching out to an agent to see if they can help you out. 

You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

What Telus is doing: https://mobilesyrup.com/2023/05/30/telus-and-rogers-bell-respond-to-nova-scotia-wildfires/

Need Help? Let's chat.