cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is PM telling me my number is from Rogers and that I'm ineligible?

nskyline
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported a phone from Freedom to Public, went through fine, even if there was a few days I was without service that I'd paid for. Whatever.

I ported a second phone, this one got all sorts of messed up. No confirmation of a successful port, after the port went through (a claim by the moderator), I tested the phone. No incoming calls, no data, and no incoming texts. Contacted the moderators, the moderator said that it was a hardware issue. I tried many different SIM cards, they all worked. To add some fire, I tried Public SIM cards too, they all worked. It was *this specific SIM card* that was not working. I realized the problem was that the SIM card was giving the phone the wrong information, it was trying to set up TELUS APN Settings, instead of Public APN settings. I fixed this. While I fixed this, I was waiting for a phone call from support, because the moderator had stated that they had put in a support request. It's been a week since that request was supposedly put through. Still no phone call. Today, I am still seeing 6gb of data on my account, not the 12gb I was promised for switching over. Today, the moderator tells me that my number was ported from Rogers, and thus I am ineligible for this promotion. This is false, as I was a Freedom Customer. I have given the moderator all the information, for a week long, and nothing like this was brought up before. If the port was successful from Freedom to Public a week ago, what changed today?

I am sick of this, a few days to set up, sure, but this type of piss poor service is sad and pathetic, how can you claim a port went through successfully for a week long, lead me to believe that everything was working, and that my phone was the issue, then tell me "not to contact me again since everything will be dealt with by the support", and then drop this on me and say that "your phone number was ported from Rogers, not Freedom". 

8 REPLIES 8

nskyline
> It has been stated previously by PM officials, that in many cases, the errors are customer initiated, entering incorrect or improperly typed data, which causes many porting errors.

I see that stated a lot whenever there's an issue, however, you'd be hard-pressed to find any actual reporting on that claim.

Waiting 3 days for a message is unacceptable for business in the 21st century. Things should be happening instantaneously.

If the same problems are repeated time and time again at every promotion, Public should be taking steps to mitigate these problems during promotions at the very least, or not offering any promotions until they can sort out their issues which seem to be system wide, way beyond simply porting.

I'm very sorry that you're experiencing these issues, but as others have relayed in previous threads, during the promos, customer service is backlogged severly, and response times are horrendous.  Non-promo sign-ups and customer service are generally answered in less than 24 hours, based on business hours, with weekends (Friday thru Sunday) having limited hours.

Your frustration is understood, and as has also been said previously, the subscriber base has been begging for these issues to be resolved before any future promos happen.  The fact of the matter is, there is no way to tell who is going to have an issue or not, as some new activations go fine, whether porting in or not.

It has been stated previously by PM officials, that in many cases, the errors are customer initiated, entering incorrect or improperly typed data, which causes many porting errors.

nskyline

The irony is they parrot this system as "self serve" even though to do anything you need to contact a moderator. 

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Absoultly true. Its painful to wait long. I wish they have a chat service atleast.

Some times, you need real human reply rightaway, instead of searching for answers in the forum. 

nskyline

I've been contacting the mods since the mid of June, it is rather annoying having to wait 3 days for 1 message to be sent back to you. This is 20th century level slow messaging. Something tells me you didn't read the entire post. 

That's weird. Usually that happen when people had Rogers then port to freedom then porting.
Did you contact mod. And send a private msg if not
Send a private msg
Add
Email address
Phonenumber
Detailed explaination of issue

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

nskyline

Nope. Before Freedom I was on Telus. Was on Telus for *years*. 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Did you port your Rogers number to freedom in past ?
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.