cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who did I refer?

Cath
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I received a text from PM today letting me know that I have received a friend referral reward.  My account shows the additional $1 reduction.  The confusing thing is that I haven’t referred anyone or given anyone my code.  Is there any way to find out who I supposedly referred?

8 REPLIES 8

I suspect that one of my referrals from 10 days ago activated a new number and then ported over an exiting number a couple of days ago. I got a Congratulations, you’ve referred a friend text which incremented my referrals total but when I checked my referrals I had lost an existing number and gained a new number. So my total number of referrals from the drop down list didn’t change but the total number as quoted by PM did increment upwards. Maybe this is where the glitch is happening. As I mentioned elsewhere, it sure would be nice if we were able to custom tag each entry on our list of referred numbers so that our tag would stick through number changes etc.

Terry

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Cath wrote:

I received a text from PM today letting me know that I have received a friend referral reward.  My account shows the additional $1 reduction.  The confusing thing is that I haven’t referred anyone or given anyone my code.  Is there any way to find out who I supposedly referred?

It's not going to last forever. They eventually fix it. It's a strange glitch and it works in your favor.

Hmm, ...sigh.

I got one right at 9AM Saturday (Pacific time zone). I wasn’t certain who it was from but I do have my referal code out with some people who are thinking about a move so I assumed I would hear who it was soon. Checked online and yes, a new phone number added to my list of referrals.

Then this morning right at 9AM Pacific again, another New referal! This is shaping up to be a good month as I got two referrals on the flash sale weekend promo 10 days ago. Again I looked at my referrals on line but no new number listed this time AND, Saturday’s number seems to have left my list as well. Not looking good for these last two referrals.

Terry

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Cath  for the time being enjoy the extra 1$ a month off! 

Cath
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@GR @darlicious @hairbag1  Thanks for the replies.  The only referral showing is for my hub, for whom I have been receiving a referral reward since I signed him up in April.  In my 4+ years with PM, this is only one of several glitches, and the first one to affect me.  I shall wait for the credit to be reversed.  🙂

@GR wrote:

@Cath  log in to your self serve account and click on rewards and then click on the small triangle/arrow and it will show u the last 4 digits of the phone number that used your refferal code 

@Cath  @GR  There has been reports of a pm glitch that's adding referral rewards randomly to members accounts. I believe @GinYVR  was one of them. Post was a couple of days ago.

Re : Rewards posted Sunday by @Angie3  also replied by @Jb456 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You and alot others recieved the same message and reward in err. Seems that the Public Mobile machine is mistaken. Keep an eye on your account...it'll likely be corrected eventually. You won't be back-billed or debited later on.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Cath  log in to your self serve account and click on rewards and then click on the small triangle/arrow and it will show u the last 4 digits of the phone number that used your refferal code 

Need Help? Let's chat.