cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the low cost plans?

Holiday888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking at this chart from the CRTC is Telus going against CRTC rules by not providing low cost plans?

prepaid.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

@will13am wrote:

My guess is the fine print will say something about as long as it is offered at the company level rather than the brand level.  Also, I wonder if the CRTC postings are stale.  Surely they cannot hold any service provider to account for pricing that is years old and with massive inflation taking place post pandemic.  

There's also a dfiference from what has to be offered on postpaid vs. prepaid.

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also, it's quite clear that the big three are taking that $100/year plan at verbatim. I mean, it's 2024, 400 texts including incoming is insane. That's only slightly over one message a day. There are several phases per year where I get a dozen spam texts a day for a couple of weeks until the scammers are moving on to the new batch of numbers. So even getting legit 2FA texts in the second half of the year would be questionable.

It wouldn't cost them anything to include unlimited incoming texts. As seen by the bonus code offered by Telus to make theirs unlimited Talk & Text for two years.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Holiday888 

Depending on how much talk & text and data you are looking for. CRTC are lumping everything together.

I use this website for the best deal:

https://www.planhub.ca/?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwko21BhAPEiwAwfaQCFNSlhWsBHUajWsIKLblMPcmKAyy_FecI... 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

My guess is the fine print will say something about as long as it is offered at the company level rather than the brand level.  Also, I wonder if the CRTC postings are stale.  Surely they cannot hold any service provider to account for pricing that is years old and with massive inflation taking place post pandemic.  

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Holiday888 
No, Telus owned Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile, there is no restriction that all three show have those CRTC plans,

Koodo has $15, Telus has $100 yearly plans

Need Help? Let's chat.