cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best gateway equipment for linking my home phone lines into my public mobile services.

homephone
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fancy voip gateway device ? Android software ? Bluetooth gateway? Skype Gateways?

Phone phone device with android software and ptsn ports? what apks? Computer modems?

What have you used to link voip and or skype and cell services with your old phone lines?

I have looked at many devices for this over many years. LMK what worked best for you!

31 REPLIES 31

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you mean you want to setup your Public Mobile cellular plan to connect to you home phone? This would essentially mean your wired homelines would connect to PM's cellular network instead of a traditional landline provider (example: Bell).

Poogzley

I have personally use an Unlocked ZTE MF279T Rocket Hub

Image result for ZTE MF279T RocketTM HubImage result for ZTE MF279T RocketTM Hub

This device allows you to plug in a traditional homephone/fax as well as create a wifi network with the data included on your plan. They can be purchased for less than 50$ on Kijiji (used) or you can find them on Aliexpress for about 75$ (new). 

Poogzley

I also use a GlocalMe SIM-BOX

Image result for glocal me sim box

This device plugs into your modem/router via ethernet and turns your Public Mobile SIM accessible through VOIP via an app you use on your phone (there are also unofficial workarounds for acessing it on a tablet or computer). I have used it in the past to have access to my Public Mobile texts and calls when travelling internationally.

I use that to 😁

@Poogzley wrote:

I have personally use an Unlcked ZTE MF279T Rocket Hub

Image result for ZTE MF279T RocketTM HubImage result for ZTE MF279T RocketTM Hub

This device allows you to plug in a traditional homephone/fax as well as create a wifi network with the data included on your plan. They can be purchased for less than 50$ on Kijiji (used) or you can find them on Aliexpress for about 75$ (new). 

Poogzley

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the two solutions outlined above. ☺️

Sorry for the separate posts for some reason the Community would not let me create one large post

homephone

Great stuff everyone keep em coming

homephone

@Poogzley wrote:

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the two solutions outlined above. ☺️

Sorry for the separate posts for some reason the Community would not let me create one large post

This device takes a sim?

homephone

I Found

ZTE Hub,Rocket Hub - MF275R_Unlocked

on kijiji will this work too?

Poogzley

@homephone wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

This device takes a sim?

Yes you have to insert your SIM into the device for it to work