cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Public Mobile's Message Centre Number?

monster5000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently unable to send texts, and the last time I got help from a PM tech rep he said it's because my Message Centre number was wrong. Not entirely sure how it gets changed, but I'm just wondering what it's supposed to be. 

If you have an Android, you can find it by going to your messaging up, look under its settings, click more settings, click text messages, and it should be the greyed-out section at the bottom.

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

dd778

Make sure you are using the default Samsung messaging app. The message center number should be16475800172.

Trying to restart iPhone after this change if made

Are you having problems with text or SMS only 

mkxl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there!  I was wondering if you could help me out.  I'm having the same problem with my phone (Samsung).  I can receive messages, but I cannot send any.  The message centre number is set as 16475800172 on my phone, but I still have no luck with my messages.  Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks!

dd778

thanks....this solved my issue also...

"Service center number".

zoomzoom87
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

exactly what I needed. My sms were not going through. 

mjs

koodo locked phone would work because it's on the telus network

syed

thanks and what about Koodo Locked phone?

syed

what about Koodo?

mjs

it wont work. you will need to unlock your phone. Public mobile is on the telus network. Once you unlock your phone, the public mobile sim card should work on your phone

syed

Hi,

My iphone is locked with virgin, Can i use Public network on my IPHONE? i want to switchover from virgin

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@monster5000

No problem. Glad I could help.

monster5000

@ckl Perfect that was exactly what I was looking for! Got my texts to work again!

If anyone else has trouble sending texts, but are able to receive them, PM me and I can maybe help you out! 

Cheers everyone!

ckl

@monster5000

Sorry. Wasn't sure what you meant originally.

The number I have is:

+16475800172

It's under the heading "Service center number".

monster5000

To further clarify, I need Public Mobile's SMSC.

Thanks for the help everyone!

monster5000

@ckl @mjs I do have the APN settings entered correct. 

I specifically need the Message Centre number. It should look like a phone number. I need the Public Mobile specific one so I can push it to my phone. 

It is different than the APN settings. The PM tech support rep explained this to me, but for some reason after he did his push, it reverted to something else, and now it's not working again. 

If anyone has an Android on them, if they could go to their messaging app settings, and give the the Message Centre number there, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

ckl

@monster5000

Hi. The messaging center is located in the APN settings of your phone. Where your APN settings are differs from platform (iOS vs. Android) and even manufacturer (Samsung vs. LG). But normally, they are in the carrier settings section.

Let us know what phone you are using.

The APN settings relating to the messaging center is:

APNsp.mb.com
MMS centerhttp://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy address74.49.0.18
MMS proxy port80

Hope that helps.

mjs

Hi there,

Do have the data/ mms settings entered correctly?

Need Help? Let's chat.