cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it take to get service around here?

phuzzy138
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have sent three PM's to mods about porting my number over the past two days.  One said she PM'd me and my inbox is still empty.  My number has not been ported.

I wouldn't mind support using forums such as this for support, if they worked, but this one clearly doesn't.  Chat support would be an improvement.  Phone support would be even better.

I was excited to join Public Mobile, but my excitement has waned due to the fact, I cannot get my number ported in a timely manner.

If this is not resolved today, I will not be a Public Mobile customer tomorrow.

11 REPLIES 11

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am a bit surprised Telus isn't tossing a few employees over to PM to help put out these fires.

@phuzzy138 wrote:

I wonder if flooding the mods with PM's would speed things up?

@phuzzy138 no that won't work it will just create a longer list of items that they now have to go through

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

phuzzy138

I wonder if flooding the mods with PM's would speed things up?

phuzzy138

I'm sure there is not much cross training required.  Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile are all theirs, so someone probably just has to give an employee the required access.  I'm sure the systems are the same, it is the access you have that differs.  But yes, Telus should allocate more people to this problem.  But I guess that if it doesn't have the Telus name on it, they don't care too much.

talkalot
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wow!!! 12 day delays and you think Telus would make the investment and hire a couple brave souls to work throygh the back log. It's called cross training "Telus Corporation".

Then yes sorry you will require a MOD

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

phuzzy138

Yeah, Koodo Prepaid. 😞

If you are on Post Paid Koodo these steps should work for you

1. REMEMBER to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number
  2. do not use the same email for Koodo and PM (Some say it doesn't matter but better to be safe then sorry)
  3. do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number
  4. do not use any identifier except your Koodo account number; it is always the best item for any port-in request
  5. do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Koodo bill 
    • use the main account holder name as the Authorization Name
  6. do not use the person's Koodo number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

Are you prepaid Koodo or Post paid.  I helped my Sister in law port as she was post paid.  But yes if you are prepaid you must have a mod Port

phuzzy138

My provider is Koodo and I cannot initiate the port as you cand with other providers. I apparently need a mod to do it.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am not sure what the wait time is now but it was upto 12 days about a week and a half ago.  I am sure it is shorter now but I don't think they are down to two days yet.  I was very excited to join PM as well and came in and read a lot the day or two before I switched and was reading stories of poor service but I still decided to come over and had no problems with my port.

What is the issue?  Who is your old provider are you getting any cell service/text/data?  There is a lot of knowledge here that may have some ideas

Need Help? Let's chat.