cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Western Canada Network Outage, August 19, 2024

For discussion about network issues in Western Canada that started on August 19, 2024, please continue the conversation in this thread.

237 REPLIES 237

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rick4290 

It looks like Public Mobile is experiencing an outage in western Canada (BC, AB, and SK). It seems to be voice calls going out as several have reported being able to to receive calls, text and data has been working. Hopefully they’ll have this fixed quickly. 

For a look at the outage map:
https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map

Rick4290
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All paid up, mid-month, and today I can's make any outgoing calls.  Tried removing/reinstalling sim card, and restarting, still no outgoing calls.  What should I do?

eddieO

@Laura621 

It looks like Public Mobile is experiencing an outage in western Canada (BC, AB, and SK). It seems to be voice calls going out as several have reported being able to to receive calls, text and data has been working. Hopefully they’ll have this fixed quickly. 

For a look at the outage map:
https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map

Laura621

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

there issue is affecting subscribers in Western Canada, but we know not everyone over there has the problem, only some

we don't know when Telus will fix it.  It is affecting Telus and Koodo as well.  Try reboot the phone every so often and test again 

osantos46

I am aware of the outage from this morning, I am able to receive calls, but not able to make them.  I did put a ticket in.  It is now 3:30 MST and still haven't had any word or resolution.

Another family member has same plan, but they are able to make calls and receive calls.

Does PM have a message board or place notice on website?

Saffire0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lucky you, mine still isn't working. 

Katherine_Chow

I can make a receive calls now. I had to toggle the airplane mode off and on.

Ttran0109

I'm able to make and receive calls now. I'm in Calgary.

eddieO

@catb are you still having issues calling out? Some have reported back to say it was now working. If it's still not working try restarting your phone

catb

Not sure on that as my son has a cell on public mobile network and he can make and receive calls. Sure wish customer service would get back to me as its hard when you can't even submit a ticket 😞 due to error 404 

pmthomson

I have that problem since mid-morning and have tried to submit a ticket.

R_M

Problem resolved Phone is working .... Telus network problem

eddieO

@watrbaby I don't think it's a problem with your SIM card, there is a known TELUS outage affecting Western Canada (BC, AB and SK). They are actively working on it so just hang tight and helpfully they'll have it fixed soon.

There's been a lot of posts today so it's very unlikely that everyone's SIM cards have all gone defective

watrbaby

I'm having a similar issue today with out going calls including my voice mail. I can text and recieve calls. It's the Sim not the phone because I tried my sim in another phone with the same issue. I managed to submit a ticket second try. I'm in BC Vancouver Island.  Samsung Galaxy S10E 

Gigi121

Am in Alberta

Gigi121

no I had rebooted earlier when I first noticed the outage and I just tried it about 20mins ago and it worked!

slusagm

thanks @Gigi121 for confirming.  Did you have to reboot your phone to have it working again?

and which province you are in?

Gigi121

Resolved!

slusagm

which province you are in?

there is current problem with voice , especially with calling out

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Update-Western-Canada-Voice-problem/td-p/...

if you want PM to confirm if you are one of the affected , or fix your problem,  message them using this link instead (since you cannot use Chatbot):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

eddieO

@catb are you located in Western Canada (BC, AB or SK)? There's is an outage still being worked on but will hopefully be fixed soon. Your text and data should not be affected though 

catb

I am losing my mind I can't make or receive calls, submit ticket not working 404 error code and can't send a message to customer service! 

slusagm

try reboot phone.  I think Telus is bringing the system up and down now.  But should be back any time soon 

hollyhowes

UGH, I spoke too soon. Back down again now but maybe a good sign I was able to make a call that progress is being made to get service back to functional. 

slusagm

@dee2024 

we don't know.  But someone just have the voice issue resolved.  Try reboot phone and hope same good news for you

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Cannot-make-or-receive-phone-calls/m-p/12...

grqmpakilt

AB only, no way, salmon arm 1144 PDST, no voice service yet

slusagm

thanks @hollyhowes 

did you need to reboot phone ? and which province you are at?

slusagm

@Mommafox 

actually a community member just said he is ok with making calls now.  Maybe reboot phone and test

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Cannot-make-or-receive-phone-calls/m-p/12...

Mommafox

Thanks

slusagm

@Mommafox 

we don't know, we are just customers. 

The latest update was at 2:37pm, but it has no mention of the ETA

you can try to ask PM, but I doubt any agent able to tell either

Need Help? Let's chat.