cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well this was new to me...

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

So, I've been here at Public Mobile for almost 2 years nows.  Started on a 30 day plan, province wide calling, with global texting, and 1 GB of 4G Data.  $42/30 day.  What a steal!

Decided I was in love with the service, upgraded to 90 day plan, with 6GB 4G data, and the other regular options, $120/90 day.  Better price, more data, fewer payments per year.  What's not to love?

90 days later... it happens - the solid gold deal from the Fall of 2016 - the plan that for $120/90 days I currently subscribed to, with 12 GB over 90 days!  6 extra gigs, at no additional cost!  Yeah baby!!!

Today, with 12 days left until renewal, @IWIK's Data Witness app, for the first time ever in my time with Public Mobile, warns me I've hit 50% of my data limit.

I love this place!

7 REPLIES 7

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

i hope i never have to get rid of my promo plan!

@Korth, oh I know those texts come out... but if I was to get to 75%, I'd be freaking out.  

As for the monitoring apps, I find Data Witness is within a percent (1%) of the total Public Mobile shows.  That's more than enough accuracy for me.

Note.. as MMS is not tracked on Public Mobile for data use.. I set Data Witness to ignore the MMS app I use.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yup, that's why when I was on the fall promo, and people asked why I needed 4GB - I said that 3 of the 4GB is for future proofing. I was using about 1GB at the time, now it's up to 2.5GB (though on Koodo now)

"Public Mobile here ..." will send texts informing you when 75% and 95% thresholds are reached.  At 100% it just cuts you off, no more Data until your plan renews or you purchase an Add-on.  (Not sure if text messages are sent to inform you about Add-on Data thresholds, never used any of these Add-ons myself, but it seems like this might be a good idea.)

Data monitor apps are good, but results are measured on the device-side.  The numbers are often a little different from results measure (by billing) on the network-side.  Not a consequential detail when at ~50% usage, but can be a problematic one when close to ~100% usage.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@stonechucker wrote:

So, I've been here at Public Mobile for almost 2 years nows.  Started on a 30 day plan, province wide calling, with global texting, and 1 GB of 4G Data.  $42/30 day.  What a steal!

Decided I was in love with the service, upgraded to 90 day plan, with 6GB 4G data, and the other regular options, $120/90 day.  Better price, more data, fewer payments per year.  What's not to love?

90 days later... it happens - the solid gold deal from the Fall of 2016 - the plan that for $120/90 days I currently subscribed to, with 12 GB over 90 days!  6 extra gigs, at no additional cost!  Yeah baby!!!

Today, with 12 days left until renewal, @IWIK's Data Witness app, for the first time ever in my time with Public Mobile, warns me I've hit 50% of my data limit.

I love this place!

50% threshold is guaranteed for me.  It is the 90% threshold that is difficult to reach.  It does happen from time to time. 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have been here since Fall 2016 Promo as well love that promo very much don't know when PM will have that promo again or better promo 🙂 wishing one day PM will have sharing data plan as I have never used up my 12GB data. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@stonechucker, totally know what you mean.  I have only been here a year and a half but came in on the fall promo.  I never use all my data but I do use more than 50% when I get near the end I start to hit up youtube pretty hard and try and use up some of the data I am paying for lol.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.