cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Notifications Not Arriving

sdt1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Scenario: I miss a call, and the caller leaves a voice message. The phone never receives notification that a voice message is waiting (reel-to-reel icon in Android notification bar), but if I call into voicemail directly, the voice message is there and marked "new". This started happening this week. Anyone else having this trouble?

7 REPLIES 7

sdt1

@will13am wrote:

The phone apk must have crashed and clearing the cache and restarting fixed the problem. 

Thanks @will13am. I'm not sure if the APK crashed, as the phone app itself was working fine to make/receive calls, despite not receiving the voicemail notifications. I think that @brent_liza was on to something regarding a wallpaper change, as I recently set the Zedge app to auto-change my wallpaper daily.  Cheers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The phone apk must have crashed and clearing the cache and restarting fixed the problem. 

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sdt1 Glad it worked. Cheers!

brent_liza

Awesome glad it worked and were able to get it fixed in under an hour 🙂 sometimes changing a theme on the device can cause it or new wallpapers. Sometimes the memory in the back end needs cleared kind of like a computer. 

sdt1

@brent_liza wrote:

Try restarting your phone. If this doesn’t work then try tapping settings then apps or application manager. The select all or the three circles on top if you have. Then scroll to phone and clear data. Then scroll to voicemail and do the same. Try this twice restart phone phone. Let us know if it works. 

Thanks @brent_liza! Worked like a charm. Wonder why this happened, but it was definitely my phone. Followed your directions to go to Settings > Apps > (three vertical dots) > System Apps > Phone, then Clear Data/Cache. Restarted the phone and then made call to my cell from another line and left a test voice message. Voila, immediately thereafter appeared the reel-to-reel icon in the notification bar! Cheers.

brent_liza

Try restarting your phone. If this doesn’t work then try tapping settings then apps or application manager. The select all or the three circles on top if you have. Then scroll to phone and clear data. Then scroll to voicemail and do the same. Try this twice restart phone phone. Let us know if it works. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Just tested this and it works fine for me. It could be a phone/software issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.