cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viocemail Indicator

JohnnyXI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is there any way that my phone can be set up to indicate visually or audibly that a new voicemail has arrived? 

25 REPLIES 25

JohnnyXI

According to item 3 above, Verizon has a solution but I have public mobile.  Likewise AT&T.  I can set a initial VM received indicator as per my response to JC 29 (on page 3) but this only solves 1/2 the problem.

JohnnyXI

@Jb456 wrote:

Can you try the below and see if it gives you anymore options.

1- open phone app

2- click 3 dots on top right

3-click settings

4- click voicemail

in there it might have options like voicemail settings and notification sounds.. if it does try notification sounds and see if you can set anything.

Not sure if it depends on software running on your A8 I think there are 3 different ones like PIE, OREO and NOUGAT

Done, see response to JC29 on page 3.

JohnnyXI

That would be nice, but not in my A8 phone status bar.

Screen.jpg

JohnnyXI

Thanks JC29, I guess that's as good as it gets.  I did as you suggested and I do get audible & visual notifications. The problem is that if you miss the one time notification there is no ongoing indicator to tell you that there's a message waiting (other than the missed call indication which doesn't necessarily mean that the caller left a message). I was hoping for something like the landline method (was Bell in my case) where you would hear an intermittent dial tone when you went to make a call. This tells you that there's an unlistened to voicemail waiting to be heard.  I'll take a look at all the links posted above but I suspect I'm outta luck.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is phone specific, i would goggle this including the model of your phone and I am sure you'll get a bunch of hits on how to do it - if it's even possible with your specific hardware.

JC29

Normally for Samsung Phones ...

You go to Phone -- then Menu (upper right 3 dots) -- Settings -- Voicemail -- Notifications

Then you set if you want a Visual Notification dot or LED flash or beep or sound or whatever

Hope that helps

@TheGx wrote:

@darlicious  No need to thank, happy to help.

@TheGx  I'm sure normally it's pm advice...not basic computer skill tutorials. Youre not the only one helping me out. Going by my computer skills you'd never know I play a mean scrabble game.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious  No need to thank, happy to help.

@TheGx wrote:

@darlicious  To copy and paste a link, after pressed the reply button and typing your reply, first copy the http address of the solution/page you want to copy which is in the address bar of your browser - when you have it copied you can click on the link button when typing your reply, which is found in between the smiley face button and the photos button, the link button looks like a chain link. Then you just paste the web address you copied into all the fields there and press whatever button it takes to fnish.

Holy crap I did it! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!! That only took 30 odd years to figure out.

@darlicious wrote:

@JohnnyXI wrote:

Is there any way that my phone can be set up to indicate visually or audibly that a new voicemail has arrived? 

There was an issue brought up the other day with your phone or possibly the 9 or 10. Apparently it's a known software bug that may or may not have a fix. The suggestion was to check for updates. I look for it... sorry but my copy and paste skills are still abysmal...have to do things the old fashion way...starting with pen and paper. Check this post out...a little old from 2018 but might help. Re: Voicemail notifications not arriving posted by @sdt1  and solved by @brent_liza . Type it in the search bar. Tried copy paste but got the whole thread and won't post...nor do you want that. One day I'll figure it out....hope it works and I'll look for the other one.

Let's see try this:        https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Voicemail-Notifications-Not-Arriving/...

@darlicious wrote:

@JohnnyXI wrote:

There was an issue brought up the other day with your phone or possibly the 9 or 10. Apparently it's a known software bug that may or may not have a fix. The suggestion was to check for updates. I look for it... sorry but my copy and paste skills are still abysmal...have to do things the old fashion way...starting with pen and paper. Check this post out...a little old from 2018 but might help. Re: Voicemail notifications not arriving posted by @sdt1  and solved by @brent_liza . Type it in the search bar. Tried copy paste but got the whole thread and won't post...nor do you want that. One day I'll figure it out....hope it works and I'll look for the other one.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious  To copy and paste a link, after pressed the reply button and typing your reply, first copy the http address of the solution/page you want to copy which is in the address bar of your browser - when you have it copied you can click on the link button when typing your reply, which is found in between the smiley face button and the photos button, the link button looks like a chain link. Then you just paste the web address you copied into all the fields there and press whatever button it takes to fnish.

@TheGx wrote:

Try reaading these links I found by serching duckduckgo.com by clicking on them:

https://devicehelp.singtel.com/samsung/galaxy-a8-2018-android-7-1/basic-functions/turn-notifications...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqO_L5tlu9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeSqvhv_ZPE

http://www.galaxys8manualtutorial.com/2017/05/how-to-set-up-voicemail-on-galaxy-s8-s8.html

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/Voicemail-notification-symbol-not-working-on-9/td-p/29...

Sigh...i know it's like kindergarten for you guys but I am so envious of you copy and pasters.

Aargh you have no idea how frustrating it is for my brain not to get it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JohnnyXI wrote:

Stay Safe!

DanielleMarie

@JohnnyXI wrote:

Galaxy A8 2018 SM-A530W

I couldn't find anything for this model specifically, sorry. In general you go to your dialer app and then go to its settings -> voicemail ->notifications

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JohnnyXI wrote:

@JohnnyXI  Best to bring this to the attention of the PM moderator team. They might be able to submit a ticket with their tech support team to see if there is a fix.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

JohnnyXI

Me neither but I tried it anyway. It has something to do with pager notification. I don't have a pager so no go for me. 

DanielleMarie

@JohnnyXI wrote:

Sorry to hear that (unresolved).

Yes, I discovered the '1' feature - neat. I'm on the $25 plan at the moment.

Yes, the voicemails are getting through fine, I just don't know if there are any new without checking.  Thanks for you interest and replies.

Can you call your voicemail and then press 4 then 3 and set something up that way? I've never had to do that so I'm not entirely sure what it does, but maybe worth a try?

JohnnyXI

Sorry to hear that (unresolved).

Yes, I discovered the '1' feature - neat. I'm on the $25 plan at the moment.

Yes, the voicemails are getting through fine, I just don't know if there are any new without checking.  Thanks for you interest and replies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JohnnyXI wrote:

Galaxy A8 2018 SM-A530W

Somebody just the other day was having a similar problem. Apparently unresolved.

So you're getting voicemails though right?

If you press and hold the 1 key on your dialer, do you get to your Public Mobile voicemail box?

(if you're on the $10 or $15 plan then this will use a minute)

@JohnnyXI wrote:

After someone leaves you a voice message, there will be an icon indicating this in the phone's notification bar.

JohnnyXI

Galaxy A8 2018 SM-A530W

DanielleMarie

@JohnnyXI wrote:

What model is your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.