cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using old sim and porting while roaming

fdiddy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have a year old public mobile sim. I ported my number to Virgin at the beginning of this year and put my public sim in a drawer. I now want to port back to public from Virgin.

Can I use my old sim?

Can I do the entire porting process from Virgin to public outside Canada?

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @fdiddy and is your Virgin account active?  You can call Virgin and ask if they can accept a verbal port authorization.   If they are ok, now you need to find a way to get a sim card since you are not in Canada.  someone need to get it for you

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is not gonna work, because he won't be able to connect the PM service to a local Canadian cell-tower network. Easy, just a big NO! 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Port from outside of Canada? Can you accept the ok to port message from Virgin where you are? If no..then you cannot port from outside of Canada. But if phone is in Canada and someone can answer it for you then...yes. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

No you will be required to purchase a new sim.  They can be bought either online or  Telus/Koodo Corporate stores

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @fdiddy no, you need a new sim card.  old sim cannot be reused 

Need Help? Let's chat.