cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using less data

Earl26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Now that we are in isolation.  I'm on wifi more is there a way lower the cost t since I'm not using my data. I've already paid for the month.

10 REPLIES 10

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Earl26 

You can change to a cheaper plan on your next renewal.

I think that the physical distancing and shutdown of non-essential business will here for a while.

You can use the saving to purchase a $15 1GB data addon as backup for data usage before your next renewal date to upgrade with more data plan.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Earl26 

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do for this cycle, you can't bank unused data or get any credit. But you can do it for the next cycle.

You also have an option if buying (now 50%off) some data so if your situation changes and you have to go back out in the middle of your cycle, you are not pressured to switch immediately to a bigger plan. That data will stay with you until you completely use it up.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Earl26 , you could change plans to save a bit on the next renewal which could be a while depending on what your renewal date is.  You have to be mindful of the fact that when you want to change back after this social distancing is complete, it will take another renewal to take effect.  It is 60 day turnaround time for two changes.  It might be worthwhile to just do nothing.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Earl26 Just change your plan to $15 one. Nothing else can be done.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Change the plan you are using. And if you are not calling anyone either go down to the 15.00$ Plan! 🙂

Enjoy your stay at home. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Earl26  As others already have mentioned your only option is to drop down to a lower cost plan by scheduling a plan change to take effect on your next plan renewal.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Earl26 Hi find a plan that you were comfortable with and change at your next renewal date be safe

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Earl26 wrote:

Now that we are in isolation.  I'm on wifi more is there a way lower the cost t since I'm not using my data. I've already paid for the month.

You can schedule a plan change for your next renewal in self service.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could downgrade your plan and if want to change on next renewal so you don't lose any unused minutes) texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Need Help? Let's chat.