cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DATA to View Text Pictures

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

I seldom turn on my DATA, usually only to view a picture sent by text, Lately, I haven’t been able to open the pictures when I turn on my DATA - a little circle just spins around and that’s it.  Someone suggested that I turn DATA on, then restart my phone....I did this and it worked. Should I have to restart my phone every time I turn on DATA to view a picture that someone has texted me.  Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?  It didn’t used to do this - previously, I just had to turn on DATA, go to the text,  tap on the picture, and it would open.  Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.

4 REPLIES 4

TessieBoo

HALIMACS

No, I turn DATA on before I try to open the picture.  The first time I received a picture, I did try to open it before turning the DATA on, but then I realized I’d made a mistake.  Thank you for commenting.

TessieBoo

softech

Yes, that’s it....MMS, thank you I had forgotten what it was.  It’s just recently that this has started.  Next time, I will try what you suggested.  Thank you!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo 

When you get a message which contains a picture attachment, are you trying to open the picture first, then toggling Data on to try to access it? (thus prompting the reset you've been doing?)

When you get a message which contains a picture attachment, don't try to open the picture attachment before toggling Data on.

Does that make a difference?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

the picture you see is MMS.  Yes, you need data turned on  to receive it.  I don't think you need to reboot you phone every time you turn Data on.   Instead of rebooting the phone, maybe you can try toggle the Airplane mode on/off..   Honest, you shouldn't need to do this when you turn Data on/off.  I am thinking if it is a phone issue, or software issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.