cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent, failed activation and Fido port

mystikal_325
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last week Thursday (5 days ago) I tried to activate my new PM SIM online. I got the credit card error message which said to contact PM. I sent an email at that time. No reponse up to now. I then started reading up on these forums at all of the horror stories rolling in, and figured I'm lucky the activation didn't work, maybe it's for the best.

This morning my Fido SIM, which was listed to be ported, has been deactivated. Okay, so maybe the PM activation magically worked now. No, still no service when I insert the PM SIM. I checked my Visa and I have now been charged by PM.

I've sent messages to mods and am hoping for a reply ASAP. 5 days without reply for a failed activation first and now an unexpected half-port leaving me with zero cell service is unacceptable. Please, help.

10 REPLIES 10

mystikal_325

Thanks SnipaJay! I'm going insane without any cell service, and losing money daily (work use also). Sucks beginning a relationship with a company like this. Guess I'll make a more dramatic thread title tomorrow and re-post...

SnipaJay
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just had my account activated and all services working yesterday evening. Since it seems we messaged the mods and such around the same time, I think they should be getting to you fairly soon. Fingers crossed at least Robot Happy

mystikal_325

Bump. Now over 24 hours with no cell service at all. No communication of any form from PM since saying my activation didn't process 6 days ago.

SnipaJay
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am in the same exact situation, tried to port on friday but failed and my Fido cut out today. Also sent messages to mods ( @Shazia_K @Mary_Mand @Saray_O ) but have not received any news, seems they are backlogged quite a bit so we'll just have to wait.

cSpots
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in pretty much the same boat, though I've only been serviceless since this morning. Ported from Telus yesterday, and PM gave me a glitch with activation. Telus said "sorry to see you go" in an email today, and dropped me.

Now I have no cel service, cant log in to PM "My Account", trying to activate the sim gives me an "invalid sim" error. Trying to "Retrieve" my PM password tells me to type in the 6 digit code that gets texted to my no service phone ...

Any help would be apreciated

mystikal_325

Yeah, I've PM'd 3 mods and am hoping for resolution soon. Truly sucks, honestly wish I never bothered trying to switch providers.

razakanjee

I am stuck with the same problem. I didn't port my number though but I my activation failed.

I messaged @Shazia_K regarding the problem yesterday afternoon and haven't herad back for her.

My activation is stuck in limbo.

kevinl

sorry to hear that 😞 it sounds like there is something wrong with the SIM card. you need to tag the mods and PM them. It's an imperfect system with long response time but it seems to be the only way to get things solved. 

mystikal_325

Self-serve does not recognize my email/pw at all, forgot password link tells me it's not registered. My phone (unlocked), says no network available with the PM sim (as well as my old Fido one as of this morning).

kevinl

are you able to log into self serve? By no service do you mean you phone is not connected to any towers? If it is connected and you just can't use it, then it might be that your plan has not been added to the line. In which case you can add it in self servce

Need Help? Let's chat.