cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 4G and existing discounts

4uChristina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Right now I am on a $25.00  3G plan and I have a monthly discount of $4.00 ( $2.00 for automatic withdrawal and $2.00 loyalty. If I upgrade will I still get my $4.00 monthly discount? I find that 3G is too slow and I am hoping that 4G will be faster for me!

3 REPLIES 3

JL9
Mayor / Maire

All of your accumulated rewards on the old rewards plan are safe, the only things that would be affected is any bonus data (2GB bonuses) etc you may have, which mostly likely is moot since you are on the old rewards plan. So good luck with the 4G and tell us how it goes and how much of a difference you find!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@4uChristina 

Rewards are tied to your account not your plan so you will retain your rewards if you switch plans. 4G plans have download speeds of up to 100mbps. Be advised that when you schedule a change plan on next renewal or if you change plans immediately that the download speed take up to 48 hours to be unthrottled.

It is suggested that when you schedule a change plan on next renewal to a higher data plan to avoid a possible auto pay glitch that can cause your account to be suspended you should manually top up your account with the funds to pay for your new plan price a day or two before renewal.

If you choose to change your plan immediately your rewards will not apply until the following renewal after a full 30-day plan cycle has been completed and there is no prorating of plans at public mobile so you would lose any value in your current plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@4uChristina , reward discounts are not affected by plan changes.  

Need Help? Let's chat.