cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered SIM

FFL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I recently lost my phone and I had a spare SIM lying around. I've since then changed the SIM through my account and currently using a spare galaxy S3. It was working fine for the past 2 days so far but today I woke up to unregistered SIM. I've tried to take the SIM out and put it back in. I've tried to restart the phone. I've also tried to search for the network where I did find public mobile however could not register onto the network. I made sure and entered the my SIM card again into my account to make sure the system did not mess up my SIM somehow.

Thanks,

Elvin

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I doubt it is a SIM card issue.  Not sure if this is coincidental, I have never had a SIM card failure yet with any carrier and I generally do not use carrier phones.

@FFL

Also Try your sim in different phone since its was working fine as you mentioned maybe a hardware issue Did You Bougt This Phone Recently Try other sim in your phone if you bought it third party phone also can be blacklisted or listed lost 

But also try sim in other phone and try other sim in your phone if available 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

FFL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, I've contacted Shazia and currently in the process of testing it on another phone. I doubt it's a SIM issue unless its faulty... It's been sitting around on my bookshelf for a few months and I've only used it for 2 days... I'll update when my old iPhone decides to turn on

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@FFL, sorry to hear you are having issues.  So this sim was working for you and now it isn't?  Plus you have taken it out and re-inserted and also made sure correct SIM number was registered.  I think you are at a point where you will need a MODS assistance.  You should private message one and can find out  how to do that here

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Do you happen to have another spare phone lying around to try and test it out?

Is the sim card size the correct size? maybe a sizing issue caused the recent disconnect.

Since you said you changed the SIM card through my account, it also could be a SIM issue.

I'll tag a mod for you. Just send them your account info, phone number and name and hopefully your issue is solved asap
@Shazia_K 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi @FFL!

Weird that it worked first and then stopped working... I think you'll need the assistance of a moderator to check this for you.

I suggest you send them a private message. Be sure to include your Public Mobile phone number and/or SIM card number as well as a detailed description of your problem. Click here to know how contact them. They are available Mon-Thursday from 9am to 9pm and Friday-Sunday from 9am to 5:30pm (eastern time). They usually respond pretty fast to help requests!

I hope your problem will be solved quickly 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.