cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Issue

ahosu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have recently unlocked a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, unfortunately my sim card does not work when entered in the phone. The phone is unable to connect to public mobile. I put the correct APN as well. I also checked the phones compatibility with public mobile by entering the IMEI number. The message states that this phone should work on the network however the phone may be stolen or lost. Is this the reason that the sim card won't work. Thank you anyone for your help! 

19 REPLIES 19

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Was your phone new when you bought it?

Also, when you unlocked your phone, did you make multiple attempts to unlock it?  Or did it work on the first try?

meocon

@ahosu Rogers won’t do anything for you except you have a receipt or you can find original owner to remove that status for you

ahosu

Thank you for all of your replies. The moderator got back to me and this is what they said, "you won't be able to use your device on our network as it was reported as lost/stolen. I suggest you refer to the retailer or the third party who sold your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for more details as at this point there is nothing that I can do on my end". 

Would Rogers be able to rectify this issue? 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@ahosu

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Changing-Samsung-Phone-Info/m-p/53208

This will fix it since phone is neither locked nor blacklisted

NOTE - there are *2* different blacklists; 1 is the Canada wide list (someone provided link above) and 2 is internal only (will only block on Telus brands, incl Koodo & Public)

Have you ever used this phone on Telus or sub brands before?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Could this be a CSC product code problem?  If the phone is not blacklisted and it has the correct band support, it should connect to the Public Mobile service. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

ahosu

Thank you guys. Unfortunately the video did not work. I did send an email to the moderator. 

LEGO

@ahosu Check if your phone is not set to use 2G only band!

Please, watch this video and see if it helps: click here

meocon

@ahosu if after you tried to reboot your phone or reset network settings, and it still hasn't work. 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

ahosu

Yes I did go into settings and apply public mobile. It says unable to connect. 

ahosu

"Your device HAS NOT been reported lost or stolen and is not currently on the national blacklist" According to that site.

MacMe

@ahosu wrote:

I have recently unlocked a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, unfortunately my sim card does not work when entered in the phone. The phone is unable to connect to public mobile. I put the correct APN as well. I also checked the phones compatibility with public mobile by entering the IMEI number. The message states that this phone should work on the network however the phone may be stolen or lost. Is this the reason that the sim card won't work. Thank you anyone for your help! 

DId you try going into your phone's settings and manually choosing "Public Mobile" as your network?

meocon

@ahosu Yeah I think your phone has been blacklisted so that's why your sim doesn't work. You can check if your phone has been blacklisted or not at https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

ahosu

Thank you for the information. So then why cant the SIM card work? Is it because it states that phone may be stolen? 

LEGO

Your phone is compatible with Public Mobile

1111.jpg

ahosu

The model is Galaxy Note III SM- N900W8.

ahosu

Original provider was Rogers. I tried my sim in a Samsung J1 and it works fine. 

LEGO

@ahosu 

Some of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phones not compatible with Public Mobile! What is exact model of your phone?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

who was teh orriginal provider teh note was locked to?  if freedom i recal some of the bands are blocked and can be unblocked with a special code.

have you tried / can you try,  your sim in a differnt phone? this isolates hardware vs software issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.