cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock sim card pin

navneetsahota
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm switching phones and changed the sim card as well. I've activated the sim card and confirmed that the new phone is unlocked as well. I don't know what the Sim unlock pin is... does anyone know where/how I can get that reset. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

The default security code of any brand new Public Mobile sim card is always 1234. It stays at this setting unless sometimes changes it.

It's important to figure out if the phone is really ask for that secuirty code of the sim card or if your phone is asking for the unlock code for the phone to use any carrier's sim card in that phone.

i realize that you said that the phone is arleady unlocked, but in the case of many recent Samsung models, they are sold at retail as being able to accept any carrier's sim card inititally, but then lock themselves automatically to that carrier.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@navneetsahota Please, read this post SIM network unlock PIN maybe you can find it useful.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@navneetsahota If your “new” phone requires SIM unlock pin then your phone is locked. If this is your old phone, that you are trying to reuse from previous mobile carrier, you would need to contact them and they will unlock it for free, if… your account with them was in good standing.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

1. What is make/model of your phone?

2. What message appears after rebooting the phone with the SIM installed?

3. Did you change the SIM number in your online account?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.