cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use mobile data.

AngelaR5813
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to use mobile data. My account is active and there is lots of data available.

I got a notification on my phone saying "sign in to the Public Mobile Network" and then when I clicked on it it said  "You cannot access the web for one of the following reasons:" ---and listed a bunch that I cannot now remember, one was about roaming on another network, one was about suspected fraud, there were about 3 others but none of them seemed to apply to me.

Can anyone advise?

5 REPLIES 5

@AngelaR5813 yes, the cache is an issue that PM has not been able to fix  😞

My suggestion is : Always use Incognito mode to login to My Account to avoid confusion

AngelaR5813

Thanks!

AngelaR5813

Thanks- I think this was the issue. I did not know that the My Account summary was not reliable.

@AngelaR5813 wrote:

I am unable to use mobile data. My account is active and there is lots of data available.

I got a notification on my phone saying "sign in to the Public Mobile Network" and then when I clicked on it it said  "You cannot access the web for one of the following reasons:" ---and listed a bunch that I cannot now remember, one was about roaming on another network, one was about suspected fraud, there were about 3 others but none of them seemed to apply to me.

Can anyone advise?

Unfrortunately, that message and explanation page usually means that you are in fact out of data. Your Self Serve page coudl be showing out of date information if that's what your'e going by.  I suggest dialing 611 to see how much data you have available.  It's under the Reveiw a Summary of Your Current Add-on Usage option. Although it says "add-on usage", it actualy provides an amount of data available for use from all sources for your account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AngelaR5813    "sign in to the Public Mobile Network"   means you have used up your data

Understand you saw you still have data left, but PM's My Account site has some cache issue, it could be that you still reading old cached data

Please login My Account again using Incognito mode (or Private mode or Safari) to confirm your updated usage

Need Help? Let's chat.