cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer number from public mobile

nadamski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried transfering my number to another carrier.
I received the text, and confirmed.
However, the request failed for an unknown reason.

In the meantime, publicmobile sent me an email that i had requested to transfer my number back to publicmobile, which was not the case.

I tried submitting a ticket, but it's impossible to get past the 'verify your identity' login page, even with my correct login info.

7 REPLIES 7

nadamski

Is everyone here dismissive and patronizing?

The porting department was great and was able to confirm the status of my port. 

All of you are miserable and didn't contribute a thing. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nadamski you are porting away?  that porting team number supposed to be for port in enquiries only.  But you are leaving, I guess you don't care:) 😃

and maybe because you called the wrong department, that's why your number is porting back in and you are therefore getting the email.. LoL

nadamski

I just got a second email from public mobile that thinks im transfering a number TO public mobile.

nadamski

They submitted the original transfer request (they typed in the IMEI because public mobile site was down and I couldnt access my account number)

Then they submitted a second request when it failed, but they said I should contact public mobile to get the transfer through. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What is the new provider doing to help you?

nadamski

i received a message from public mobile to confirm the transfer

how could that have happened if i gave incorrect information?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Porting support is supposed to be done by the new provider. Maybe you gave some incorrect information.

Need Help? Let's chat.