cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register bank card

mcassell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday autopay failed on me and it wouldn’t process payment. So, I deleted my bank card and tried to register it in again but It won’t allow me to add my bank card into the system. Therefore, not allowing me to make payments for my phone bill. There’s nothing wrong with my bank card. Any suggestions??? Thank you

update: everything that is being posted here, has already been done as I have read similar posts that had the same problem!!! My bank is fine, I have contacted the moderator 20 hours ago!, restarting my phone, logging onto a new browser, using a different device, using a different payment method(still wouldn’t accept another card) Thanks for the suggestions

another update: my card is all good now. if you have this problem, your best bet is to talk to a moderator and they fix it all for you!

13 REPLIES 13

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mcassell your credit card details needs to be exactly correct. If you have a middle name to put it in your last name box before your last name and that worked for me.

mcassell

I have already done this.... this morning....

mcassell

Like I said, nothing is wrong with my bank nor my  VISA debit card. Thanks though. 

@mcassell To get going while you wait for the moderators to help, get a voucher on-line: recharge.com , https://www.ding.com , https://www.xoom.com/reload/options/search?countryCode=CA

Then follow, instructions to add a voucher from your phone: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352/highlight/t...

If you're prepared to "make do" while waiting try TexrNow app for free calling/texting on wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@gblackma 

this wasn't my screenshot, but yes deleted it. 🙂

@mcassell , @Naepalm  please delete the screenshot. It has personal information on it.

@mcassell  go here to delete the screenshot too scroll down to My photos 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/73533

A good way to prevent fraudelent porting is to change your name on your self service account. PM only requires that the payment is made. Any name will do ie Mike Myers.

@computergeek541 please delete the screenshot. Thanks.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@mcassell wrote:

Yesterday autopay failed on me and it wouldn’t process payment. So, I deleted my bank card and tried to register it in again but It won’t allow me to add my bank card into the system. Therefore, not allowing me to make payments for my phone bill. There’s nothing wrong with my bank card. Any suggestions?? Thank you

I would attempt another payment method if you had one as a quick fix. If you do not have another payment method. Make sure you are using VISA debit not just a regular debit card. You have to make sure your allowances on your VISA debit card allow you to use it. Sometimes people have a VISA debit but have not actually activated the VISA portion.

double-check your entry, if it doesn't work then go visit Mr. SIMon

Have a great day hope you are able to solve this issue. 

@mcassell wrote:

Thank you but I have also done all this. Just trying to see if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to resolve. I have also checked with my bank and there’s no issue there.

After a few failed attempts, the payment card gets locked out and so the only recourse is to seek moderator team assistance.  

@mcassell  ask them to add it for you and to apply payment.

In the meantime, wait 1 hour from last attempt,  go to private/incognito mode and try again to add your debit card.

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Once you have added your debit card. You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or can also use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks. Stay safe.

mcassell

Thank you but I have also done all this. Just trying to see if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to resolve. I have also checked with my bank and there’s no issue there.

@mcassell wrote:

Thank you for that information but I have already done all that. All the information is correct, I’ve tried accessing through my laptop instead of on a phone. Nothing seems to work.

Please use the chatbot  SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve  your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 2: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

mcassell

Thank you for that information but I have already done all that. All the information is correct, I’ve tried accessing through my laptop instead of on a phone. Nothing seems to work.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Enter the credit card address EXACTLY as it appears on your statement:

Leave the apartment field blank, if required enter your apt number in the street address field

Enter your postal code without spaces unless there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space.

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Need Help? Let's chat.