cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive inbound SMS/MMS texts

bq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for anyone trying to help.

I just switched to PublicMobile yesterday, and everything on my phone works great; however, I cannot receive incoming SMS/MMS texts (I can send them just fine, though). I CAN recieve incoming phone calls.

I tried to configure the settings on my iPhone 7 in "Cellular Data Network" for the APN and such, but it has been blocked by the carrier. The only thing I can configure in this setting is "personal hotspot". 

Have restarted my phone many times. Any suggestions? Once this starts working I am exceptionally happy with my transfer to this company!

Attached: Picture of Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Data Network
As you can see, only personal hotspot is available for editing.

EDIT: Hi everyone, not sure what to say. I seem to be able to recieve SMS/MMS texts from everyone but one person, which made it seem like I wasn't getting them at all. Confusing. Anyways, it works! Thanks a lot. 

IMG_2732.PNG.png

5 REPLIES 5

As for SMS, those don't use data, so APN settings be set incorrectly would not affect the receiving of those.

MMS does, however, require the APN settings to be correct.

When you say that you receive SMS/MMS from multiple people, have you received actual picture messages from those people?  If you have,  the problem is not with any setting on your phone.

Oops, posted this after you added your screenshot.

It's possible your port is 100% completed.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

iOS 10 doesn't let you manually configure your APN settings. The only thing you can try is resetting the settings in the Cellular Data menu. The APN should say isp.mb.com

bq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched from WIND mobile.

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What provider did you switch from? That is usually the issue. Otherwise time will solve your issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.