cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls

Miusama
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I ported my number last Friday and I can since make outgoing calls and texts but cannot receive calls and texts. I've sent in an inquiry but have not heard back still. Is my number not ported properly? My Fido Sim card is receiving all the calls instead.
6 REPLIES 6

sabbie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same issue on one of the phones I ported over.

1. You might want to try powering down the phone.

2. Remove the sim card.

3. Wait 1-2 minutes.

4. Insert sim again.

5. Power up the phone.

For some reason this solved the issue for me.

Miusama
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone!

I have private messaged @Saray_O so hopefully we will get this issued fixed soon!

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Miusama

I'm really sorry that you've been having issues with your port. 

I got in touch with our port team and they informed me that the Fido account number you provided us with is not valid. Could you send me a private message with the right Fido account number?

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Miusama  Please follow the steps in the link below to contact a moderator to help with your issue.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Miusama the mods are backlogged at the moment, so they take a couple daysish to respond.  who did you contact?  was your message read?  (if click on sent messages yo can see if it was read.

when you sent them a message,  did you include your old account number and name.

I would recommend tagging one of the  mods in a reply to this thread and resending your message to that mod and state in subject "failed port since friday 11/11/16". 

@Miusama wrote:
I ported my number last Friday and I can since make outgoing calls and texts but cannot receive calls and texts. I've sent in an inquiry but have not heard back still. Is my number not ported properly? My Fido Sim card is receiving all the calls instead.

That means that your phone number hasn't been ported at all.  Public/Telus immediately assigns the number that you are porting in to your Public sim card/account and outgoing communications start working immediately.  But incoming communications will only work after Fido has approved the number transfer to Public Mobile. You'll have to get Public Mobile to find out what went wrong and they'll likely have to resubmit the request to Fido on your behalf.

Need Help? Let's chat.