cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive call or dial out time by time

james_c
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In the past month or so i've been experiencing issues with my phone with Public Mobile network. Signal is weak in my office as well my home, they were used to be full bar but now mostly 1 bar. And lots of time I have to restart my phone so that i can make a call or otherwise no call can be dial out or dial in. Can someone look into my account to see what's wrong? It was working perfectly since I moved to PM till a month's ago. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

james_c

Tried this over the weekend, and turns out it's the iphone 6 issue. Network is fine. Thanks everyone above for the help!

madmatt112

James_c, can you please try putting the iPhone's SIM card into the Pixel 2 phone (making sure to power them both OFF first), and let us know if the signal strength and behaviour are the same as before? Thanks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would point the finger at the phone when signal issues are persistent.  If it is a network problem, everyone in the affected area would experience the issue and it would be readily reported.  Account issues generally result in functions that just stop working.  Electronics can spuriously fail.  I would try a different phone or troubleshoot phone related solutions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@james_c, can you swap SIMS, and see what happens?

james_c

I sent a private msg to the mod regarding the issue, hopefully they will come back with somthing. The phone is Iphone6, has been working fine, no drop no water no hammer etc, i have another pixel2 which was transfered to koodo, working fine in the same location tho.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@james_c Problem is likely not due to an account issue and so the first reply is clearly not a solution unless mod already got back to you with a solution to your problem. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@james_c Try the sim in any other unlocked phone and see if you get the signal you used to get before. Check your network settings and make sure LTE is selected. Unless there is an outage on nearby towers, signal should not drop at the same location. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@james_c, Any chance the problem could be with the phone?  Was it dropped, or otherwise damaged around the time the problem started?  Got wet?

Any chance you have access to another (PM compatible) phone that you could try with your SIM card?

BTW, most of the people on this forum (other than those with MOD next to their name) are Public Mobile customers like you.  We can't actually check anything on the network side.  however, if you DO need/want to have someone at PM check into this, you would need to send a private message to the moderator team.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Include your phone# (or account#) and account PIN (if known) to avoid back/forth identity check.

SIM-phony
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Only the Mod Team can look into your account, here's how to contact them.

EDIT: Fixed my wonky macro. Sorry.

Need assistance with your account, activation, or service?

• You'll need to contact the Community Moderator Team to get assistance with your account. Oracles and Users cannot access account information; do not send them any private information on yourself or your account/s.
  • The Community Moderator Team are Public Mobile support employees who can assist with your issue/s. Only they can access account information.
  • For more detailed information, read the knowledge article.
  • For your convenience, here's a link to send them a private message.
  • Here's how to read and reply to private messages.

In your private message please include the following:

• Your Public Mobile phone number.
  • Your 4 digit PIN; if you don't know yours look below.
  • Your account’s e-mail address.
  • A detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your PIN? Provide any three of the following:

• Your complete mailing address.
  • Your e-mail address.
  • An alternate phone number associated with your account.
  • Your date of birth.
  • The last top up date & amount.

When will they get back to you?:

• Support hours are in EDT and run Mon-Fri 9AM to 9PM, and Sat-Sun from 9AM to 7:30PM. Outside of these hours they will not be responding to private messages, and will be queued for the next day. So don't worry, they will get to you.
  • Messages are responded to in the order in which they are received, which can affect response time depending on queue length.
  • Usual response time varies between 1-3 hours, but can take up to 48 hours.
  • Please do not send multiple separate private messages, as it slows down support.
Need Help? Let's chat.