cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA roaming data

Donjfry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought some US data today. Oct.12 2021. I am going to theUSA on Oct.15 2021.   When will my US data start?   And second question is. If I haven’t use all the data in the 10 days then do i lose the remaining data.    Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Donjfry 

Here is some info about US roaming add ons that should help you.....

1. While you have to have an active plan to purchase and use US roaming add ons the type of plan you have does not affect the roaming add ons features.
  2. US roaming add ons start the moment you confirm and submit your purchase in your self serve account and expire 240 hours later (10 days×24 hours).
  3. You can pre-load the funds needed to purchase the add ons in your self serve account so you only have to log in, select the US roaming add on and then confirm and submit your purchase.
  4. Wait til late as possible to purchase since they are immediately valid so on free wifi at the destination airport or stopping shortly before the border at mcd's or timmy's to buy the add on while on free wifi.
  5. If you are staying longer than 10 days you must wait a minimum of 24 hours to purchase the same US roaming add on or contact the moderators to add it before the waiting period ends.
  6. If you have two US roaming add ons with a talk feature that overlap the talk feature basically gets disabled. Avoid this....but you will have to get one removed by a moderator to get your calling feature back if this happens.
  7. After purchase reboot your phone and manually select either at&t or T-mobile to get better reception. Some areas have better coverage by either provider so when travelling around the US you will be better served by choosing the provider with better signal strength by locale.
  8. You will recieve incoming texts without any US roaming add ons. Adding the fongo app and textnow app for use on wifi are good to use for a back up plan or you could call forward your pm phone # to your fongo # before you leave Canada and purchase just the US data roaming add on. Fongo also works on mobile data (1 min=0.5mb/100 min=50mb) so you could still recieve incoming pm texts, recieve incoming pm calls to your fongo #/app, outgoing calls from your fongo number and outgoing  texts from textnow for free or small fee from fongo.
  9. All US roaming add ons have either unlimted text, talk or both. Only data has limits depending on your purchase 250mb/500mb/1gb. Once the data is consumed it will just stop you could then purchase different roaming add on, wait 24 hr to buy or contact the moderator to buy the same US roaming add on again. (* except talk as previously mentioned.)

Happy travels and Stay--Safe!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Donjfry 

Should you need to purchase an additional add-on after the current one expires, you will need to add it the day following the expiry of the first 10-day period.

These 10-day add-on's cannot be pre-purchased for multiple, consecutive 10 day periods (though wouldn't that be a nice option!!!)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Donjfry 

why you did buy it now is you will losing they day is starting from when buy it,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $ ?

Purchase Add-Ons through Self Serve,

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

for more info about U.S. Roaming.

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,and Explain your issue to
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

to them can cancel it for you and when yu go to US, you will buy it,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Donjfry : You might have made a fortunate mistake/misunderstanding if you have only just deposited money. You might not have actually fully bought the add-on yet.

Might.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Donjfry wrote:

I bought some US data today. Oct.12 2021. I am going to theUSA on Oct.15 2021.   When will my US data start?   And second question is. If I haven’t use all the data in the 10 days then do i lose the remaining data.    Thanks

If you bought it already...you're on the clock. Your 10 days start when you buy the add-on.

You'll lose whatever is left after 10 days.

edit...log in to your account...do you see your payment sitting in Available Funds ? If so, you haven't yet "bought" the add-on as suggested by @Anonymous . You have to go back and buy the add-on, if that's the case. Fingers crossed for you. 🤞

Need Help? Let's chat.